"1. Gabrial is all that and way more, he was awesome to deal with, punctual, honest, a great person, we even met his family as they joined us for dinner one night. Gabe found us some fresh sea food and I grilled it up...it was a very nice evening and they are great people.
2. the house was wonderful. It was as advertised and more, the vistas were awesome, it was so quiet, when the clouds parted(maybe twice) the nights were just wonderful. L walked the roads every day and Jo went with her a couple of times, they felt safe, never had an incident...it was all really really good. the layout is very cool, had we travelled with the kids it is a perfect layout. With the separate living area downstairs then the space on the main floor, tough to beat.
3. The place was very clean and well presented, it had everything that we needed plus...The balconies and views are just awesome, almost has to be seen to be appreciated.
4. The Island itself, well we are planning on returning in 2017 to look for a property to maybe build on, we are spending our downtime now researching...that is what we thought of the Island...I liken it to Cozumel 15-20 years ago, sleepy, laid back, great people, safe, a place that I can see us parking some money in the coming years. This was the first vacation that I have been on that I can honestly say without hesitation that I was sad to see end. Usually after 4 days I am pacing, anxiously awaiting the flight home...this time I was sad to go...it felt like home. Despite the weather(see #5)
5. The weather was awful, I think we caught the outer edges of Hurricane Otto, so it rained pretty much every day and most days it rained all day...we dove and we wandered around in West End, and on what was the best weather day we toured the Island with Gabe...despite the weather still a 12 on a scale of 1-10.
6. Gabe, well he gave us a tour of the Island one day and it was awesome, we saw some amazing beaches that were deserted, I suspect a combination of weather and low season...but stunning beaches none the less. We just toured the entire Island to get a feel for it...and the feeling was positive in the strongest terms. Gabe and his kids gave us a pretty good sense of the people on the island, but it seemed that everywhere we went people were welcoming and warm and friendly, and not in that I am about to extract money from you way...it really seemed like a genuine warmth...the place was awesome.
7. The negatives...well negative...the stairs in the house"
Guest: Kevin B.
Date of Stay: November 2016
Review Submitted: January 11, 2017