"Wife and I, along with another couple, stayed at Mananitas from Dec. 25, 2015 - Jan. 1, 2016. First things first. I really enjoyed working with Ron regarding our stay. He was quick to answer questions via e-mail and we had conversations on the phone and text. Can't say enough about how comfortable I felt heading into this stay.
The condo is as advertised, maybe a little better. The kitchen is very well stocked with all the pots and pans, cooking utensils and kitchen supplies. This included two coffee makers, which was really appreciated as we had a decaf drinker and a couple regular coffee drinkers among us. We cooked breakfast most mornings, so we really appreciated the kitchen.
This condo has a great veranda/lanai with a spectacular view of the Sea of Cortez. There was a full moon during our stay, so watching the moon rise and the reflection of the water was really something. The wife is not a huge sun person, so she really enjoyed being able to relax and read here during the day and the four of us spent many hours here in the evening.
- Great pool options. We are beach people, so did not use the pools, instead enjoying the wide beach. Great place of seaside sunning.
- A five minute walk to the Mega, a full service grocery (and more) that will have all the things you would need during your stay. Ron has a cart, cloth bags and bag holders available. These are great as the bags used in Mexico and not comparable to what you might be used to from your local US grocery.
- Strong and reliable wi-fi.
- Cabs and local busses are a couple minutes walk away. Several good restaurants within walking distance. I see people on message boards talking of walking to town, but that is probably a little over two miles. Bus ride was slightly over $1 and a cab was $6 for four of us.
- Very secure setting. Security personnel were very visible, day and night. They quietly went about their business.
This was our first stay in San Jose after over a dozen stays in Cabo San Lucas. San Jose is much quieter than San Lucas, which we found quite refreshing. Many good restaurants all over town. I would anticipate that we will be returning to San Jose and this great condo."
Guest: Monty W.
Date of Stay: December 2015
Review Submitted: January 16, 2016