"Working within our budget, we searched for a place that could accommodate 12 for a three-generation family vacation, with ages ranging from six to sixty. La Page, a four-story condo in Cancun’s Zona Hotelera, seemed to fit our requirements well. We were all pleasantly surprised. The experience was like staying in our own luxury, vacation home with a private pool and direct access to a warm-water beach. We were also happy that we could easily rent sea kayaks and jet skis and get parasail rides at the nearby Hotel Riu Caribe.
A few suggestions for future visitors to La Plage:
1. Pez Volador--the small, C-shaped access road on which La Plage is located--is gated on the west side and walled off on the east side (next to the Rui Caribe Hotel on Blvd. Kukulkan). Not all taxi drivers find Pez Volador easily. We brought a screen shot of a satellite view of La Plage, which helped the taxi driver who drove us from the airport.
2. The nearest restaurants and a small grocery store are about a 30-minute walk west on Blvd. Kukulkan.
3. The big, impressive Selecto SuperChedraui Supermarket (or Chedraui Selecto) and several restaurants are about a 10-minute bus/taxi ride to the east on Blvd. Kukulkan.
4. Natalia, our contact with Privileged Vacations Rental Residences, can answer most questions about places to go in Cancun and on the Yucatan Peninsula. We used WhatsApp on our iPhones to text with Natalia.
5. Maria, who does the cleaning with her family, also will provide dinners and breakfasts. Accommodating our diverse dietary requirements/preferences, they bought and brought the food, prepared fabulous dinners and cleaned up immaculately. Perfect!
6. The La Plage rental is one of four attached, similarly well-maintained condos. The other three are occupied by their owners, who are friendly, but also appreciate their privacy. Therefore, renters are asked to be respectful.
The majority of the property is in excellent condition with a few minor exceptions. Some furniture is showing wear; some linens have stains; the washer and dryer work, but perhaps should be upgraded; and a few other minor items could be fixed or replaced. (My pet peeve: all the kitchen knives need to be sharpened!) Addressing these issues would make the experience at La Plage even better for renters.
All things considered, La Plage was a GREAT place for our family vacation and everyone in our party was exceedingly happy with the time we spent there."
Guest: Randy P.
Date of Stay: December 2016
Review Submitted: December 29, 2016