"I came to Playa del Carmen with a group of 13 girls for my bachelorette weekend. Prior to arriving, I had multiple questions & requests for our stay which I relayed to the owner, Stephanie, through the HomeAway app. Stephanie replied promptly every time and ensured my requests were met: I gave her a grocery list and asked that a cook come make us breakfast & guacamole in the mornings. It was lovely.
1. The Magia complex is very safe and secure. A guard is on duty 24/7 and one cannot gain access to the grounds without entering a large gate with a code. You also must have a wrist band to be on property, which the guard supplies.
2. The pool/general complex was beautiful, well maintained, and only a short walk to the beach & main drag. Stephanie's apartments (the property is divided into two, multi-level adjoining apartments) are also very clean and well cared for.
3. The rooms and adjoining bathrooms are quite large and well appointed. Stephanie even supplied little emergency toiletries in each bathroom.
1. When we checked in, Stephanie's usual property manager was out of town, so she sent another colleague to request payment for the groceries, supply the wifi password, etc. Unfortunately, this colleague did not speak any English which made the process a bit difficult. She was, however, incredibly sweet and we figured everything out. It was just a tad confusing to begin with.
2. The bathroom towels are old & thin and need to be replaced. However, Stephanie supplies plenty of pool towels which we appreciated.
3. There really isn't a good kitchen space in which to congregate. Both kitchens are much more like a "kitchenette" and do not afford a cook with much space or appliances to work with.
All in all, we would definitely stay in Stephanie's property again. Magia's views, proximity to the town's attractions, security, and bedroom & bathroom aesthetics/amenities were perfectly enjoyable. Thank you to Stephanie for letting us stay in such a lovely home for my bachelorette weekend!"
Guest: Emily M.
Date of Stay: January 2017
Review Submitted: January 31, 2017