"We stayed here two weeks ago to attend a wedding next door. Our party consisted of my family of 4 plus another couple. This condo was the perfect layout for our group. It was very well decorated and maintained. Very impressed with the soundproofing. Could hear very little from inside the condo with the doors closed. It was a perfect location with easy access to everything Orange Beach. Parking on the same level was great since we have a 6yo and a 9mo. We stayed here because of the lazy river, and it did not disappoint. There were always pool chairs available, despite the number of condos in the building. I was also impressed that the beach does not feel crowded, even though there are a lot of people there. The owner of the condo was very nice. She responded to every email very promptly.
My complaints about the condo will be separated into two categories:
- No extra towels provided, so we had to do laundry every day (and we took our own beach towels). There was no laundry detergent provided. We had to buy it.
- Only one tiny packet of dishwashing detergent provided, presumably for the final load on check-out day. We had to buy it to do dishes everyday.
- No paper towels or extra toilet paper provided. We had to buy it.
- No crib/pack&play or high chair. I understand many people will not have a need for this, but this is marketed to families, and as a hotel substitute. It should be made available. We wanted to fly to Orange Beach, but had to drive just so we could bring these things with us. I have stayed in other VRBO properties and had these provided.
Not owner controllable:
- This condo building does not have enough elevators. Expect to wait at peak times. We never had to take the stairs, but we thought about it. Thankfully this condo is on the 4th floor.
- One of the days we were there had a thunderstorm come through. They closed the indoor pool due to lightning in the area. I completely understand closing the outdoor pool for lightning, but the whole point of having an indoor pool is to be able to use it during inclement weather. That made no sense. and the front desk did not have a good explanation.
Overall, we would absolutely stay here again. I'm hopeful that my small concerns will be addressed, especially since the ownership recently changed. Even if the owner doesn't want to provide these things, it would be helpful for the renter to know ahead of time. If that happened, this would be a 5 star property."
Guest: Leslie L.
Date of Stay: June 2016
Review Submitted: June 22, 2016