"I could wax poetic about this place - it was relaxing and beautiful and spacious and airy and sunny and remote and well kept-up and so many little things around the house were just so welcoming and comfortable!!!
Here are some bullet lists because I'm limited on characters:
* Plenty of living/sleeping space
* Good amount of comfortable and clean bedding (pillows, sheets, blankets) provided
* Windows/floors/carpets all freshly cleaned
* Notes on various fixtures and switches to explain what they do
* Meticulous notes for checkout and other info, right by the kitchen door
* Hot tub was clean and heated and ready to go
* Kitchen was WELL stocked (many places lie when they say are well stocked, I'm a real cook and require proper utensils and pots, pans, dishes, etc etc etc)
* Windows and doors sealed up nicely (no draughts or bugs inside)
* Cute frogs all over the place
* Lots of walking/hiking trails around the property
* Comfortable couches and lounge areas
* Plenty of places for a group of 10-16 to gather comfortably
* Plenty of nooks for individuals/couples to hole up alone if desired
* Lots of sunlight, good cross breeze through windows
* Good water pressure and heat (from the well); showers can be taken simultaneously
* Remote enough to be able to play music/movies loudly, or talk/sing in a group outside loudly without disturbing neighbors
* Laundry room was really nice, though we didn't do any laundry
* Appliances/fixtures were (mostly -- see CONS list for stove specifics) in good shape
* Landlord/Owner was very responsive and supportive via phone/email/text all weekend
* Plenty of dining areas
* Awesome gaming loft room
* Fabulous assortment of games
* Wifi provided with easy access points and extenders
* Wifi was terribly slow for Silicon Valley engineer standards hahaha but it's for the best - we were able to disconnect from the internet and connect with each other! ;) Don't expect to be able to stream music or videos on your mobile/laptop.
* Two out of four gas burners on the stove had some issue which I expect will have been fixed by now. Shouldn't be a problem again.
* Dirt/gravel roads leading to the property COULD potentially cause issues for some cars - just drive slowly and carefully!
In all, we really enjoyed our stay at Ernie Ball Ranch! We'd definitely stay there again if we plan another trip to SLO. We built some fantastic memories we'll treasure!
Date of Stay: August 2016
Review Submitted: August 17, 2016