"My husband & I rented this lovely cottage earlier this month. It was one of the best vacations and accommodations we've ever had. Suffice it to say that my husband NEVER cares about accommodations...but he said over and over, "This place is AWESOME!" (When we left Pt Reyes, we spent a few days in San Francisco at another VRBO property that was 3x the cost and a super high-end loft with magazine-spread design and tons of luxuries...my husband didn't even once say it was 'awesome.') But I understand why he was head-over heals about the Cottage on Inverness Bay:
* The sun-rise coming over the marsh! Wowza! We got lucky the first morning and just happened to get up early enough to see it. We set our alarms for the next mornings to make sure we didn't miss the next ones.
* The nights! It felt like being on a comfy bed in the middle of nature....the weather was perfect for leaving windows open at night. The cottage is tiny, so with windows left open on all sides, the sounds and breezes seemed to be all around us. Every imaginable bird made sounds through the night that kept us drifting in and out of magical sleep. A skylight over the bed made it just that much more nature-intense.
* There's so much light from all sides of the cottage, it always felt like the lights were on during the day, even when nothing was turned on.
* Comfort -- everything we needed in the kitchen, bath, room for our belongings, notes here and there clarifying anything that we might have questions about. This owner is very conscientious and wants to make sure her guests are happy. After long days of hiking, we couldn't wait to get 'home.' We thought we'd go out for dinners, but we really just wanted to be in this cottage, so we cooked or got take out and enjoyed being there. Peaceful beyond description
* Location! It's close to town, but an easy drive into the Pt Reyes National Seashore. We were there to enjoy nature, so were happy to have a place that made it easy to get to hiking trails, yet still close enough to get necessities. We became fans of Perry's Grocery and Deli in Inverness Park, a very short distance away.
I can't imagine we won't be back to Pt. Reyes and now we know where "home" is there -- we'd be very disappointed if this place isn't available the next time we'll be traveling to that area. The only think I can think of that could make this place better is a washer/dryer. But the benefits far outweigh that one missing piece, especially for a short stay."
Guest: Stacey S.
Date of Stay: October 2015
Review Submitted: October 26, 2015