"My wife and I were looking for a last-second place to stay for a weekend getaway and came across this property. Overall, would recommend but with a few caveats. As a background, my wife and I are late twenties/mid-thirties, no kids and both enjoy traveling/skiing.
- Owner is very responsive and provides a very detailed guide to staying. For someone as meticulous as myself, I found this to be very helpful.
- Relatively close to lifts. Not quite ski-in ski-out but close enough for government work. Probably two to three blocks away.
- The price was very reasonable compared to other properties located nearby.
- Close to downtown Breck, weather depending you can walk to the shops and bars.
- By far the biggest con was the noise!! Not to sound like a grandpa but the apartment above us must have been rented to some early twenty-somethings who were on multiple all-night benders. Both my wife and I had to run the "white noise" apps on our phones at full volume in order to even attempt sleep (and we were still woken up multiple times). If not for the fact that this detail is entirely outside the control of an otherwise courteous property owner, I probably would have given this property 3 stars. Very surprised that other reviewers don't note this fact. Maybe our experience was just an exception.
- The apartment is dated. The track lighting didn't work, the bed was very stiff, appliances were old, etc. This didn't bother us that much because we spent the majority of our time out of the apartment. If I owned a place in Breck I rented out on the reg, not sure I'd dump a ton of money into it either but a few minor updates are in order.
- The hot tub is physically located a goodish distance away from the condo itself. Doesn't seem like a big deal until you have to put on a couple layers, walk to the hot tub, and try to figure out how to get back to the condo without soaking those layers. Again, minor inconvenience but we would have appreciated knowing this prior to our stay. My wife is more into the après-ski thing than I am so she cared more about this than I did.
Overall, the only thing that would have influenced our decision was the noise factor and, as I noted above, no one else's review mentions this so maybe it was just a one-time thing. The noise level in no way is a reflection on the owner who seemed courteous and promptly responded to our communications."
Guest: Michael M.
Date of Stay: December 2016
Review Submitted: December 29, 2016