"My family thought that Beach Ya To It was the very best vacation rental of all time. I'll try to explain why we liked it so much.
A little about our situation: My husband and I have 2 girls, ages 10 and 11. We wanted to meet our best friends and share a vacation rental for the week. They have 4 children - 1 girl and 3 boys. Their children's ages range from 6 to 14. We drove from Texas and they drove from Kentucky. We were looking for something newer, comfortable, convenient to the beach, with nice amenities, but at the same time not too pricey. The Villages at Crystal Beach was 3 blocks from the beach, so while there was a walk involved, it was not too bad, even for the 6-year-old. Here's why we specifically liked Beach Ya To It:
1. Upscale everything - kitchen, baths, flooring, lighting, TV's, bedding, furnishings...you name it. It was lovely.
2. The open-concept lower level - kids could hang out while adults were in the kitchen prepping and cooking.
3. Comfortable beds - (don't knock it.) If you're staying somewhere for 7 nights and not sleeping well...hmm...it's not going to be pretty. These beds were - well - amazing. There are 3 kings, 4 fulls (in the bunk room) and a futon in the game room. My husband and I slept in the downstairs master. Best. Sleep. Ever.
4. The gourmet kitchen with its gorgeous lighting, granite counters, ample space, and fully stocked everything made us WANT to stay in and cook. The grocery stores are close by, and cooking breakfast and lunch at the house made our stay a lot more affordable.
5. The gigantic pool is absolutely stunning, and it's only a thirty second walk from the front door.
6. Cheryl (the owner) was so kind and gracious, making sure that our every need was met. How wonderful is that?!
7. They provided a beach cart, chairs, umbrella, boogie boards, and a little fish net for the kids. Perfect.
8. The showers were amazing with really strong water pressure that helped get the sand out of everything.
9. The washer and dryer were super convenient, especially for dealing with beach clothes.
10. The large balcony provided a breezy spot for evening lounging or late night conversations.
I'm telling you, this house was perfect for our situation. I hope this review helps someone deciding whether or not they would enjoy this special place. We certainly did."
Guest: Cherith M.
Date of Stay: May 2016
Review Submitted: May 31, 2016