"We spent the past 4 days at this wonderful beach house/condo. What an amazing time! I could wax poetic about the magnificence, but most people just want to see a list, so here's my list of the BEST parts of our weekend:
1. LOCATION - The beach is RIGHT THERE! We even let 3 of the older kids (9-10) go on the beach along and watched them from the open sliding glass doors. Even most beach front houses require a minor hike... NOT HERE! Also, Publix was really close, as were several restaurants. Oh, and Carrilon beach village was adorable and quaint and really convenient. Being gated also gave me an extra feeling of safety.
2. The movies - NEW movies are included (2 per day) with a RedBox sort of set up in the rental office. There were 5 kiddos with us this weekend, and it was great! Unexpected, and fun surprise!
3. The proximity from the parking lot to the front door - This may seem minor, but when parked far away, that means you have to lug all of your stuff up stairs/elevators along with your screaming-to-go-to-the-beach children.
4. The pool - This pool was amazing! Great temperature (it was heated!). There was even an extensive covered area that made spending hours in the pool worry free, as we are of Irish descent and burn super easily!
5. The playground and grill area
6. The thickness of the walls - Our kiddos could yell and scream and the concrete walls (and the ocean noise) covered it all!
7. The number of bathrooms - In all 3 bathrooms, there was a tub. With 5 kids all coming back freezing from the pool, the 3 tubs were great!
8. VERY well equipped kitchen! - There were a ton of nice plates/bowls/etc. There were paper towels, dish soap, dish washing liquid, laundry detergent, etc. I was very pleasantly surprised!
9. Good TV lineup (AND TVs in every bedroom!)
10. There was a coffee table sort of thing that had 4 stools that fit underneath (sorta molded into the table). We'd never seen anything like it and the kids spent many happy hours around the table playing games and just having fun!
Here are a couple of helpful hints:
1. Bring rugs! There is one large rug in the living room and one at the front door, but otherwise, expect sandy feet in bed (NOT my favorite). I totally understand why they aren't provided, just thought I'd give others a heads up!
2. There were no large serving spoons or cookie sheets ~and we bought cookie dough :( Otherwise, there was every kitchen implement you can think of!
I've run out of characters"
Guest: Amy M.
Date of Stay: April 2016
Review Submitted: April 26, 2016