"Thank you to Glen and Bettina for allowing my family to stay in their lovely beachfront condo. It was the perfect spot for our spring break!
Our favorite things about the condo (A21 Pointe Santo):
1) Proximity to the beach -- I cannot emphasize enough how close this condo is to the Gulf of Mexico. A short walk down a paved path takes you directly to the beach where you can find beautiful shells, watch for dolphins, snorkel, paddle board, walk/run, etc.
2) The lanai, or screened porch, was a relaxing, breezy spot with an incredible view of the beach and ocean from sunrise to sunset. The lanai was everyone's spot for morning coffee, reading, relaxing, etc.
3) The well-stocked kitchen has all you will need for food prep. (Of course, the local restaurants are fabulous so you will want to eat out daily!)
4) The owners are gracious and accommodating. Prior to your trip, you will receive a plethora of information about the condo and Sanibel.
What we loved about Sanibel (in no particular order):
1) The sheer number and diversity of shells is amazing! Shelling on Sanibel is addictive and rewarding as you will find so many different kinds of beautiful shells.
2) Dolphins -- A highlight of our trip was seeing dolphins in the Gulf. We spotted them swimming very close to the beach in front of Pointe Santo.
3) Tarpon Bay Explorers --- Canoeing, kayaking, and paddle boarding on Tarpon Bay are all great adventures.
4) Billy's Rentals -- Billy's rents bikes of all kinds. We rented a 4-person surrey and had a fun time pedalling to the Sanibel Lighthouse and back.
5) Restautants -- On Sanibel, you must eat at the Island Cow! The food is scrumptious, and the atmosphere is playful and relaxing. Doc Ford's is also delicious. On nearby Captiva, the Mucky Duck has great food and a prime location for watching the sunset."
Guest: Susanne C.
Date of Stay: April 2017
Review Submitted: April 17, 2017