"We stayed over Christmas 2017. Family of four (two teenage girls).
- lots of space. The condo is very large so tons of space for everyone.
- decent location. Not on the beach of course, but a short walk to A-Bay. Across the street from the Hilton as well, which is well worth a wander through
- beach gear. Boogie boards, snorkeling equipment, etc. are in the condo. Some of its looking pretty old, but a definite plus to have it at all
- Kitchen is well stocked with appliances, cutlery, etc.
- Not crowded. We expected it to be crazy over Christmas, however it was anything but. Several times we were the only ones at the pool - which is a bit on the small side, but pleasant enough and well maintained
- Excellent communication. Bob was easy to work with. Answered promptly and was genuinely helpful
- The road. It is right underneath you, albeit the building is somewhat above it on a slope. If you spend any time on the lanai, or keep your windows open, you will hear road noise constantly.
- Dated. Pretty much everything feels long in the tooth. Bathrooms, appliances, furniture. It feels very much like a rental, if that makes sense
- Little things. Several dead lightbulbs, missing batteries in remotes, a few dirty dishes in cupboards (due to the old dishwasher I suspect... see above). Nothing serious, but enough to mention
We love the big island and will likely return there. As to this place... if I recommended it, it would be based on price point and size. My biggest caution would be the road - if you want to spend any time on the lanai it will be probably be an annoyance. For us, we'll probably pony up for something on the beach next time."
Guest: David S.
Date of Stay: December 2016
Review Submitted: January 7, 2017