"We absolutely loved our time at this townhouse. As the previous visitors stated-it is superb for a family with kids and or teenagers. This is what we loved:
1) Ample living/sleeping space. Incredibly quiet end unit
2) Plenty of beach toys, scuba gear, ect in garage
3) Managers quick to respond
4) Spices, cooking utensils, and all basic equipment plus outside propane grill
5) Plenty of parking (we had 2 vehicles and parking was not an issue)
6) The grounds were impeccable
7) Incredibly Safe and Secure
8) Tons of towels ect but the washer is a small front loader so do not over stuff it. We learned the hard way.
THE BEST POOL EVER! Hot tub, waterfall, lava style bottom and the perfect temperature. It was incredibly quiet and rarely used by others- It felt like our own oasis.
Beach access card for beach. Slightly rocky farther out so be sure to bring scuba shoes if you are going to scuba dive. Plenty of chairs and cabanas free of charge-first come basis. Restaurant on location.
Mauna Lanai is a great community. Roads are wide enough to safely walk, run, or bike. The grocery store, coffee shop, ect is less than 5 minutes away in a car. It is a 10 minute drive to Hapuna Beach & Beach 69. $5 to park at Hapuna Beach. Be sure to bring the umbrella from the garage. We drove to the Hapuna Prince Hotel a few times. Say you are dining at the restaurant. Guest Parking is south of the lobby. Happy Hour food is reasonable. Pool overlooks their beach. Truly stunning view. We went into Kona for groceries (Safeway, Walmart, and Cosco all are close) then supplemented with the Mauna Lanai grocery store. We headed north to the Seafood Grill on the last day. Local Seafood spot which was really good. Local fare and not pretentious. Check out the farmers markets on wed & sat at Wimeae- great place to buy coffee and homemade macadamia nut items.
This was absolute paradise. We would come back in a heart beat and felt incredibly lucky to stumble upon this location and townhouse. We would highly recommend this place. Also if you want a great local photographer for outdoor family photos check out James Rubio Photography. He was incredible!! Aloha"
Guest: emily V.
Date of Stay: June 2016
Review Submitted: July 15, 2016