"This is our 3rd time staying in the same condo (5th time at the Mahana and 7th time on Maui). We always rent this specific unit (once we found it) for several reasons:
1. It is on the top floor away from the noise. Very quiet with only the breeze and the ocean waves to listen to.
2. The owners always keep the unit up to date. It has in-room highest speed wi-fi, 2 flat screen televisions (one with a nice sound bar) with cable, all of the appliances you need - blender, coffee maker, mixer, toaster, etc, beach towels, beach chairs, cooler, etc.
3. The unit is conveniently located to all of the stores we needed - Times Supermarket (though a little pricey on some items), ABC store with gas station, several little restaurants.
4. By having a fully equipped kitchen, we made breakfast every day so we could enjoy it on the lanai with full view of the ocean plus the islands of Lanai and Molokai. Plus we saved a ton of money by doing this.
5. Good security - sturdy locks on both sliding glass doors plus a deadbolt lock on the front door.
6. Close to Lahaina - convenient to Whaler's Village, Lahaina Cannery Mall, Outlets of Maui, Lahaina Town, US Post Office for mailing packages back home.
7. Close to the nicest beaches you will ever see on Maui - between the Mahana and the Shearton at Black Rock.
8. Nice paved ocean walkway that has a Duke's Beach House for evening cocktails or dinner.
9. Recommended activities besides the usual (beach and water activities - snorkeling, etc.):
* Zip line on the side of the mountain - book a 7:00 a.m. Zip line tour with Flyin' Hawaiin Zip Lines.
* Catch a luau at the Old Lahaina Luau - best food and view of the sunset.
* Watch the sun rise on top of Haleakala - book a tour so you don't have to drive up there in the middle of the night.
* Watch the sun set from the top of Haleakala - drive yourself since you can make it down the mountain when you want.
* Go the Swap Meet at the Maui Community College on Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - great souvenirs cheap, plus unique Hawaiian
Fare such as shaved ice, Hawaiian baked goods - Lilikoi bread, pineapple mac-nut bread, music by Nadama - buy a CD and the have
Nadama sign it for you, tropical jams and jellies, etc.
* Book a star gazing tour and look at planets, double stars, star clusters, nebulae, etc through a powerful telescope.
* Get a massage from Wailea Massage & Body Care."
Date of Stay: July 2016
Review Submitted: August 12, 2016