"My husband and I spent a week at this lovely condo around Thanksgiving and could not have been happier. Micki was quick to respond to our questions along the way, and really helped make our stay easier and more relaxing. The condo itself is very nicely done – beautifully update and so comfortable. I loved being able to cook in the updated kitchen while looking out at the ocean, and the lanai was a great spot for breakfast in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening. The location was also great for our first time on Maui – we ended up driving all over the island and this was a good home base location.
A few things to note when planning your stay:
- We turned on the A/C unit the first night thinking we would be too warm, but after that we just kept all the windows open to catch the lovely breeze (so much nicer to hear the ocean, too!).
- As described, the master bedroom is “loft” style above the living room. Good to know if you’re staying with a larger group and are worried about privacy.
- Even with the blinds down, light still comes in each morning. This was great for us—helped us wake up earlier to get out and see things—but consider an eye mask if you plan on sleeping in late.
- Would love to see one or two nicer knives in the kitchen—sharpening didn’t seem to help the ones here.
- A few rolls of paper towel, garbage bags, dish soap & dish detergent were all included and were plenty for our stay. We only needed to buy laundry detergent.
- The complex pool itself is nice but the pool area is a little bare—i.e. no trees there for shade/green/privacy—so it felt a little motel-y.
- All the recommendations of places to eat, shop, etc. were great! We especially liked Miso Phat sushi, which is just a 5 minute walk and delish. They’ve recently been featured on Guy Fieri’s “Diners, Drive-ins & Dives” and it was extra crowded when we came so we had to wait, but we just brought a bottle of wine to drink while we waited.
We would absolutely stay here again, and given how much we enjoyed our first Maui experience we just might be back next year. Mahalo!"
Guest: Jennifer A.
Date of Stay: November 2016
Review Submitted: December 5, 2016