"We just returned from a week at this lovely cottage and I can not say enough about how much we enjoyed ourselves. From the moment we turned down the private, tree lined drive, rounded the curve and saw the charming flower boxes on the cottage windows, we knew we were in for a treat. The house had everything we needed for a relaxing stay, and the owners were friendly and responsive throughout the rental process.
Here are a few features we particularly appreciated about the cottage:
(1) Everything was so CLEAN when we arrived, which made the charming decor all the more welcoming.
(2) The kitchen is super well equipped and the sky light really opens up the space.
(3) We loved the built in seating around the dining table. It was perfect for meals and games with the family.
(4) The wall of windows in the living room made it so easy to enjoy that AMAZING view throughout the day.
(5) The bathroom was really roomy and 2 sinks is always a plus. Also loved the outside shower.
(6) The extra 1/2 bath was great with 5 people sharing the house.
(7) The linens used on the beds were so soft and the king bed my husband and I slept in was the most comfortable bed EVER. So great to get a good night's sleep every night, and then wake up to that view!
(8) The hot tub was such a treat. Nothing says relaxation like sitting in a hot tub with a breeze blowing off the water, reading a good book and enjoying that view (did we mention the view!!!).
In addition to loving the cottage itself, the location cannot be beat. The view is absolutely breathtaking, with amazing sunsets. The Damariscotta River is full of so many wonderful coves and islands to explore. We rented kayaks from Mid-Coast kayak for the week (super easy - they delivered them and picked them up), and we were on the water every day - always finding a new adventure. We even saw our first bald eagle! We also loved the seal colony that setup up shop on the rocks in front of the cottage each day. Such a unique experience to paddle among them - never knowing where their little heads would pop up next. Swimming off the dock was also fun - chilly, but refreshing in the July heat.
This was our first time at this cottage and in this part of Maine and everything exceeded our expectations. We cannot wait to go back next year, maybe even for 2 weeks this time. There is just so much to see and enjoy!"
Guest: Kristen M.
Date of Stay: July 2016
Review Submitted: July 24, 2016