"I have stayed at the Signature several times. No matter which Tower visited the staff is friendly and accommodating. This was, however, the first time I went the VRBO route as opposed to the public online booking. The process was easy and the responses from the owner timely. All seemed good until I actually went to check in. The front desk had no idea who I was or which unit I was to inhabit. The only info I had was the floor # and "550sf, Strip View" and the name of the owner. It was a bit disconcerting but got all sorted in about 2 hours of using every option available to contact the owner (co-owner actually). The owner eventually called and assured Signature I was legit and informed which unit I had booked.
The unit and the view were VERY nice and appointed with upscale furnishing and finishes (which is why I return to the Signature). The only three surprises were later the first night when setting up the coffee pot for morning I found a heavy layer of mold in the bottom of the coffee pot. I'm single and self-sufficient so cleaning it up was no big deal. Later yet the first night I discovered the bed was not made. I found the sheets in the closet and made it myself. Lastly, when I went to turn on the TV the remote wouldn't work so I just pulled batteries from a penlight and good-to-go. Neither of these incidents are deal breakers for me because, as stated, I'm use to taking care of myself, but for the price paid one would generally expect these issues not to arise.
All in all it was a nice visit and the accommodations contributed to that. The lessons taken away are:
1. When using VRBO and after making the reservations, contact the Signature to confirm the owner has let them know. If not, you will have plenty of time to resolve the issue before arrival.
2. Get the complete unit number to aide in tracking down the owner in case of a check-in issue.
3. Know who the owners are. In my case the Signature folks couldn't track anything because the only name I had was a co-owner.
4. Don't be a jerk to the front desk OR the booking owner! In my case the Signature folks were doing all they could with the information I had (see above to help with that). As to the owner (co-owner) she was very responsive once she was aware of the problem.
5. Recommendation to the owners ... consider a different cleaning crew. The cleaning fee I was charged doesn't reflect the caliber of work they are doing for you.
BOTTOM LINE: I'll be back. Thank you."
Guest: William B.
Date of Stay: January 2017
Review Submitted: January 24, 2017