"We were looking to spend the Columbus day weekend around lake Champlain and HomeAway got us to this beautiful rental home.
Booking was a breeze thru the HomeAway application. First installation, around a third of the total payment, is required when booking. The second installment was due 3 weeks before the stay dates. I missed the email notifications (was careless of me to do that) but the owner is kind man and accepted the late payment.
We reached the cabin on Friday after midnight. In owner's word "This is country side, doors unlocked, lights on!" and that's the way it was! Totally loved the house from the moment we drove to the area (though it was midnight). Deers greet you frequently on the way.
The hall is beautifully decorated, 3 spacious rooms and a well equipped bathroom. (Jonathan has plans to add another bathroom). Kitchen is fully equipped, you just need to take your clothes and grocery. Jonathan stays on the floor below and is available to help all the time.
Now, few things which you will love about the place:
1. The dock - this is a lake facing property and the dock is, I feel, essential ;)
2. Life jackets - all clean and well maintained.
3. The boats - There is a canoe, a paddle boat and a row boat. The boats are in excellent shape and we had fun boating. Water was little cold for our comfort so no dip but it is a great experience. Kudos to Jonathan!!!
4. The "lounge" - a beautiful, comfortable spacious room with a sofa, 6 rocking chairs, small tables and a great lake view. This has to be your spot for the morning to see the sun coming over the lake.
5. The barbeque - the barbeque oven and the chairs next to it, is a perfect setup for a nice afternoon party! The gas tank was full and we loved it ;)
6. The games - there is a good collection of board games in the lounge room, we had long nights with these.
The house is well kept and you will have ample linen, the stove is electric, there is a electric toaster, microwave oven. The dishwasher is movable and you would need to move to near sink to use it, no sweat.
We did enjoy the fireplace as well in the hall, you have to get your own wood, get it from Stewart's, few miles from the house.
All in all I would really like to visit again, the summer trip is done and hopefully I can check this out in winter, the lake freezes in the winter and I haven't seen that yet!!!
Kudos to Jonathan!! Amazing, superb, fantastic!!!"
Guest: Prabhanshu C.
Date of Stay: October 2016
Review Submitted: October 17, 2016