"The house was exactly right for our one-week, ten-person family vacation. I'd absolutely recommend it to family and friends, and depending on the size of our group next year we will absolutely consider staying here again!
- Tons to do within an hour's drive (Fort Ticonderoga, lakes/ponds/rivers galore, hiking, towns of Lake Placid/Bolton Landing/Lake George/Saratoga Springs, etc.)
- On a "perfect" river with a little "beach"; slow relatively warm water good for limited swimming / quick dunks as well as canoeing/tubing (we put in at the property and ~ 5 hours later pulled out at County Home Bridge Rd a few miles downstream)
- Huge, HUGE grassy backyard perfect for games
- Fantastic porch for outdoor meals
- Two car garage converted into two game rooms
- Two kitchens (for us that was a plus because we used both refrigerators)
- Secluded and private
- Fire pit next to the river
- Toys for toddlers (play house, kid pool, etc.)
- Responsive owners/managers
- Pet friendly
- I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff
- WiFi (which is really a good thing to have, since many of us, especially those with AT&T lacked cell service here...which I'm putting down as a PRO!!!)
- Clean and well-maintained
- Property secluded, but can still hear highway when outdoors, even later at night (note: not a big issue outdoors, and not an issue at all when inside)
- Found a few stray pieces of broken glass near fire pit
- No outdoor location to put out trash"
Guest: Jim W.
Date of Stay: August 2016
Review Submitted: August 18, 2016