"My husband, two toddlers, and myself stayed in the room for 7 nights in July.
- Location was the best! Ocean Sands pretty much has a private access and it keeps the beach area uncrowded. We never had an issue finding a spot to enjoy the beach. We were also 5 minutes away from the aquarium and a few minutes away from restaurants/surf shops/ etc...
- The condo was clean.
- Some of the owners were nice and my husband was able to have a few drinks with them with great conversation. The majority of the people we encountered were very sweet.
- The pool was uncrowded and clean.
- The condo had all utensils and dinnerware we needed.
- Frances had great communication and was always available to answer my questions and give suggestions.
- The full size bed was comfortable.
- Everything was running fine and worked efficiently (i.e. fridge, a/c, water heater, stove...)
- The room is smaller than a hotel room. It is a quaint little area perfect for a couple, but with our two toddlers, it made for little room to move.
- The pull out sofa was the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on. It was really thin and you could feel every spring in the mattress.
- Some of the owners at the condo HATE renters...One had stated that word-for-word. Some of them were very condescending and treated us like children. For example, my husband was grilling out when an owner approached him. They were just conversing when my husband mentioned how there were so many seagulls flying around. The owner then shouted at him, "Have you been feeding them? Do NOT feed them!"
- No WiFi, which would be okay in most cases but because I didn't have any service in the room, I was unable to get some work done. (I have Sprint service).
- A bit outdated but that isn't really a con for us because we still had everything we needed, and everything worked fine.
Altogether, we had an amazing and unforgettable vacation. This condo is located right between Morehead City and Pine Knoll Shores/ Emerald Isle. If you want quietness and privacy on the beach, this condo is in the perfect spot. It is facing oceanside, but you can see and hear the ocean if you walk out on the porch. There is also a charcoal grill right in front of the pool that we had used several times. It was also extremely convenient to have a spot to rinse all the sand off when coming off of the beach before heading back to the room. I would definitely recommend this property, especially for couples."
Guest: Ashley F.
Date of Stay: July 2016
Review Submitted: July 29, 2016