"First off, my specific ratings for this rental:
2 stars for the condition of the actual house
5 stars for the location
3.5 stars overall, for the price paid
The location of this vacation home cannot be beat! My family had a wonderful, relaxing vacation and the rest of what I write below is meant to inform future renters, as it has yet to be adequately documented.
The following is a list of minor maintenance/upkeep issues we encountered with this home:
- A good number of the towels are threadbare
- Much of the nonstick cookware is scratched - i.e. the coating is flaking off, presenting a health hazard
- The wooden step from the master closest to the pool had a bad board, causing it to bend when stepped on
- House needed a thorough cleaning (numerous cobwebs (some w/eggs) in most corners, furry ceiling fans, dust on headboards, window sills, etc.)
- Many of the sheets on the beds had small stains
- Numerous drainage/water pressure issues that should be checked out by a plumber (i.e. most of the week, the tub took hours to drain after a 10 minute shower. After my husband cleared the drain, the problem was fixed Also, it was a good day if anyone could get a toilet to flush successfully on the first try)
- No hammock was available, contrary to the pictures
- both the A/C and WiFi went out for a day (owner was very responsive on these issues)
Upon arrival, we learned that the gym/club membership at had not been renewed, due to the house being up for sale. This required my brother-in-law to purchase a week-long membership (he is in law enforcement, which requires him to maintain a fitness regimen) Because it was an amenity that was initially listed with house, I felt slightly short-changed and hence the vacation got off to a less-than-ideal start. I don't think that this was done intentionally, but something in addition to the emailed apology should have been offered.
Our deposit was returned 19 days after our departure. The delay, I suspect was due to the owner questioning an issue that was discovered on the Wednesday after we had left. IMHO, all issues should be identified within the 5-hour cleaning window and by incoming renters' arrival inspection. This caused a bit of post-vacation stress.
On a big positive note, the location on the sound, the pool, and the private surroundings made for the perfect vacation spot for my family.
Bottom line, I'd probably rent this property again, if given the opportunity."
Guest: Tiffany H.
Date of Stay: August 2016
Review Submitted: October 5, 2016