"This is a beautiful property to have a family gathering. Gorgeous setting, 8 bedrooms, can fit lots of people. But, I can't give it a 5 star unless the owner makes some small but necessary repairs. As a landlord myself, you have to maintain things. Rental company told me owner was aware of the issues.
1. Door handle on kitchen door is not there. Door can't be opened. Fire hazard if you need to get out the side door.
2. Stove missing a knob. There is a large piece of butcher block covering several burners so no one would use it. Told those burners do not work.
3. Oven was taking longer to cook. Noticed it wasn't closed all the way, owner has installed a large cabinet magnet on the side of the oven and wall. Have to hit magnet just right to close the door completely.
4. Door handle on second floor to outside. Will come off in your hand. Again fire hazard if you need to get out.
5. Bedroom I slept in upstairs had no screen, it was hot, could not open window.
6. Air Conditioning. The second floor is hot in summer. Prior to your arrival you get a packet in the mail. One of the things it addresses is not to set the AC below 70. (I'm from Florida, 70 degrees AC in Florida is freezing, so we thought not a problem). AC on when we arrived, set on 73, AC read 76 in upstairs. There are 3 thermostats- one on each level. I left at 73 first night, got to 74, I think only because it was raining out and cooler. Someone did come out from the rental company, not AC company, but it was raining out on the Friday the second floor was cooler-71 by then. Saturday, upstairs never got below 73. When we left at 10 am on Sunday it was warm out. Thermostat set on 70, AC read 73 and getting hotter out. Per the contract, if they send someone out and they say the AC is working just fine you as the renter have to pay for the service call. So the bottom line is the owners are most likely aware the second floor AC does not do an adequate job. It was hot up there. I paid over $5,000 for 4 nights for labor day weekend. I really expected to be comfortable.
7. Need some new mattresses. I looked at the mattress as I felt the springs. It was old or a very cheap mattress. Several guests woke up with back aches and had same issue.
8. Pond had growth all in it. Long green looking sea weed. No one would get in it.
Overall the property is beautiful. Just ask to see booklet/house rules before signing contract. AC second floor not adequate."
Guest: Linda G.
Date of Stay: September 2016
Review Submitted: September 16, 2016