"Our 2 month (7/1-8/31/2016) stay at the Rainbow Rock condominium conjures up the following:
• Mesmerizing and captivating views from the time we first opened the door to our temporary new abode, replicated each time we turned while inside condo or exploring the paths outside and seeing the living seascape before us;
• Reflections on peaceful times spent in the “view alcove” watching the ocean tirelessly kiss the shoreline no matter how many times it is sent away;
• Walking on the beach and exploring its mysteries, one can shake the sand from your shoes but not from your soul;
• Memories of the many different varieties of the dramatic views (sunny with a blue sky, ominously cloudy and threatening, light mist slowly blanketing the ocean and stacks, heavy fog that makes you feel like you are living in a cloud, or surreal views of the moon reflecting itself on a tranquil or rough ocean with the stacks standing guard);
• Not feeling compelled to go out searching for a unique dining experience each night because you already have it sitting outside your window, just add some imagination and creative cooking to make it complete. Don’t feel hurried, or deal with questionable service, or be concerned about having an extra glass of wine;
• Smell the sea, feel the sky, let your soul and spirit fly while looking at a private beach unspoiled by the distraction of crowds;
• Watch and photograph from the condo balcony as a female deer and her fawn meander up the path just below the condo balcony;
• At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space;
• There are scores of activities and places to visit in and around the Brookings area (i.e. Azalea Park, Jerry’s Rogue Jet boat excursion (Gold Beach), beautiful scenic stops (Samuel Boardman State Scenic Corridor) etc.),
• The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul;
• The memories of our stay at Rainbow Rock will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.
I suspect that you get the feeling that we enjoyed our two month stay and will return next year. You are correct!"
Guest: Craig and France
Date of Stay: July 2016
Review Submitted: September 6, 2016