"We stayed in the condo during Spring Break (13-17MAR). We have stayed at Pointe West on previous occasions and enjoy the location and the proximity to the beach and the quality and cleanliness of the Beach Club and amenities. It is close to Galveston and all the local attractions but far enough away to get some peace and quiet .
Upon check-in the ac was in-op but the owners were in constant contact and very accommodating. They had repair personnel out first thing the next morning and had it up and running. Luckily it was only humid the first night but not too hot.
- Proximity to beach and beach club
- Condo's layout and ability to sleep 10 (we had 9 and had plenty of room)
- Satellite, Wi-Fi and tv in living room
- Ease of check-in/out (digital keypad was convenient)
- Communication with owners
- Beds comfortable
- Basic items left in pantry (salt, pepper, seasonings, etc)
- Kitchen layout
- Living room ceiling fan in-op
- TV's in the bedrooms did not pick-up satellite and could use updating, would have been nice to have some separation from the kids
- Several of the sheets/pillows had stains and did not smell "fresh", particularly in the bunk room and master bedroom
- DVD Player in living room did not appear to be connected to the tv
- Light bulbs out (entry patio, small kitchen lamp, fixture above stairwell, kitchen)
- Could use more silverware, measuring cups/spoons, cookie sheets
- Several of the toilets constantly running
- Ceiling fans in guest bedrooms would be a nice addition
- Grill legs are quite rusted and could pose a safety issue, auto start in-op
- Grill was very dirty
- Had a hard time opening/closing the master bedroom door to patio
- Blinds are hard to open and close (several of the cords are broken)
- Bunk beds could use railings
- Batteries dead or missing in the majority of the remotes
- Had to change AA batteries in front door keypad
- Expired/partially used food should be removed from freezer (hamburger patties and ground beef) and pantry (open boxes of cereal, snacks.....)
- I would lock all the closets that have the owners items (entry by stairs and small linen closet across from laundry)
Overall we had a great week and the unit was nice and close to all the local attractions but could use a bit of "freshening up". None of the "CONS" noted are show-stoppers but repairing them would make the unit more accommodating. Not sure if we would stay in this particular unit again."
Guest: Bryan B.
Date of Stay: March 2016
Review Submitted: March 28, 2016