"The best thing that can happen with a vacation rental is to walk in and think, "this is even better than the pictures!" Check!
The set up at this house was perfect for our family with young children/toddlers. The two living areas, one on the main floor by the kitchen, and the other - equally as large, clean, spacious and comfortable - on the lower floor, is perfect. Two groups of people can be watching movies and not even be distracted by the sound (surround sound in this home!)
The kitchen had everything we needed! Plates and glasses are beautiful, which is an unexpected and very nice amenity. The pantry is large so you can bring lots of food (especially since you'd be wise to stock up at the grocery stores in Logan) as the Bear Lake grocery store (singular) is expensive and limited. The kitchen table easily fit all 6 adults with plenty of space for the kids if they wanted to join us. They preferred the bar, which is large and right next to the table.
Every bed is comfortable and the bedding is warm and cozy. Plenty of pillows too. We put all the kids in the basement bunk room, doubling up the girls and they did great. We especially appreciated the large, out-of-the-way entry for unloading snowy clothes.
The owner, Colleen, was perfect. Any question was answered promptly. The caretaker was responsive also. Make note that the garbage is taken to the parking lot around the corner as there isn't an outdoor can at the house. Bathrooms were clean with plenty of towels and toilet paper available. We loved having the laundry room and used it almost daily.
So why would we go to one of the cold places in Utah during winter - when it's freezing at our house too?
1. Waking up to Spectacular(!!) - Breathtaking(!!) lake views right out your windows while you snuggle on a comfortable sofa in front of the fire.
2. Unlike summer, in winter Bear Lake has a fraction of the people in town. No crowds ANYWHERE!
3. Sledding hills just a short walk up the street from the house. Not the kind of hills you break your arm or leg on either.
5. Snowmobiling just 15 minutes up the mountain (Beaver Creek Lodge). Make sure you go in the morning - pristine! Gorgeous! Just so much fun!
6. Easy take-out ordering at the restaurants in town. Great pizza at Bear Lake Pizza Company.
We'll certainly be back - if one of us doesn't buy a home here ourselves. Who knew winter at Bear Lake was so fun? We'll definitely tell our friends!"
Guest: eleni w.
Date of Stay: December 2016
Review Submitted: January 7, 2017