"I have stayed in many vacation-rental condos, and I would give this a 10 out of 10 score. I can't think of anything it was lacking -- in comfort or in accessories, or location. Great wi-fi connection. The best part for me was the skiing/snowshoeing right out the door. Groomed trails everywhere. At least one Resort trail interfaced with the Lake Wenatchee Park trails (which I think one should have had a permit to ski on but I got away with a nice run to the Lake shore and back without anyone challenging me).
The owner was very responsive and communicative, and it was a great convenience that the condo had a key-box for the front door, so there was no need to hand-exchange keys on arrival or departure. There's a helpful notebook in the condo, explaining everything about the condo very clearly.
This is a very highly recommended place to stay. It was well-worth the price.
1. Bring all your own groceries, as there aren't any stores very near-by. Great cooking kitchen in the condo. The Honeycomb Lodge Restaurant at the resort was open and looked inviting, but, except on the weekend, there didn't seem to be many people staying in the area so I'd check in advance to see that it's open if you want to go there during a winter stay. I suspect that visitors from Leavenworth and the area come and dine there.
2. Bring presto-logs for the fireplace. Owner provided two to start with, which was very nice.
3. There's no winter rec. equipment rentals on-site
4. Condo had a couple of plastic flying saucers and one plastic toboggan-type sled for the little sledding hill on the premises.
5. To download/print a pdf of a ski/snowshoe trail map, google "Kahler Glen Winter Recreation Map." The Pro Shop there also had the trail map. I didn't see any trail maps in the condo.
6. Google "Lake Wen...ski trails" for a pdf of the Lake Wenatchee St. Park ski trail map."
Guest: Faith F.
Date of Stay: February 2017
Review Submitted: February 6, 2017