Peaceful, Tranquil 3 or 4-Bedroom Villa in Pejeng, Ubud
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tampaksiring villa description
Villa Sagitta, situated in Pejeng, Ubud in Bali, can be rented as a three bedroom villa (sleeping up to six people) or as four bedrooms, sleeping up to eight people. There is also a baby cot, and a camp cot, available for infants and small children.
Villa Sagitta is 7kms to central Ubud (approximately a 15 minute drive through gorgeous rice fields). The villa has the advantage of being situated in a very quiet, and magnificently beautiful, area of outlying Ubud – without the hustle, bustle and noise that can be a part of Ubud life. The villa is situated at the end of a village lane used only by ourselves, and our neighbors, therefore there is no road or car noise at the villa. Prepare to relax and sleep well!
Villa Sagitta really has it all. It is desirable to not stir from the villa if you want to just relax and chill out! However the villa is also within easy striking distance of many of the surrounding sights to visit while in the Ubud area.
About Villa Sagitta:
Villa Sagitta is all about peace, relaxation and serenity. It is situated at the top of a river gorge with magnificent views across indigenous Balinese forest. Pejeng – the area of Ubud where the villa is located – is famous for its important and historic temples, and the villa has its own private temple on the property, as well as a beautiful ancient temple a mere 100 meters away. Immersed in spirituality, it is impossible not to relax while visiting there!
The villa is furnished in an eclectic mix of contemporary design and magnificent Balinese antiques.
The villa has two floors. On the lower level is the open-plan lounge, dining room and separate kitchen. This area leads out onto an undercover patio, the infinity swimming pool and the garden.
On the upper level are two spacious bedrooms, with full-length glass window frontage, balconies and their own private bathrooms. The main bedroom also has an undercover Balinese bale for relaxing. There is air conditioning throughout the villa.
Inside living and dining areas:
The open-plan lounge is very comfortable, with sofas and a Balinese day bed, which allow you to stretch out, relax with a book, watch a DVD, or listen to music on the stereo system. In addition the dining room table seats eight people comfortably and there is a fully equipped kitchen.
Given Bali’s beautiful weather, the magnificent views from the villa, and the surrounding serenity, it is imperative to have comfortable outdoor living to enjoy it all! Villa Sagitta has an outdoor dining table that seats eight on a large undercover patio right next to the swimming pool. There are four sun loungers at the pool and a comfortable Balinese day bed, stacked with cushions, where you can read a book or have a nap. Balconies lead off both bedrooms, and there is a built in bale off the main bedroom on the upper level.
There is off-street parking for approximately five cars.
The two upstairs bedrooms are fitted with:
• Four-poster king size beds with mosquito nets
• Ample cupboard space
• A choice of pillow types for your comfort
• Pure cotton bed linen
• Air conditioning
• Balconies off the two upstairs bedrooms with magnificent views across the gorge.
The third bedroom downstairs has a queen size four poster bed and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. Double doors lead outside to the swimming pool patio.
We have recently added a beautiful joglo suite to the property, which is situated slightly away from the main house as a separate pavilion. A joglo is a traditional Javanese house identified by its distinctive roof design. It is made entirely of wood and uses no nails in the construction. It usually has magnificent carvings on the ceiling, and the two-hundred year-old example at Villa Sagitta is no exception. We have enclosed it with walls on three side but the front has been left open to embrace the magnificent river valley views. The bathroom is outdoors but covered. The shower is completely private but open to the stars. We can promise you a truly unique experience when staying in the Joglo suite.
Services and facilities:
The following facilities are provided at Villa Sagitta:
• Swimming pool
• Four staff who take care of the housekeeping, cooking, pool and garden maintenance
• Full meal and beverage menu for your account
• A car, and driver with good English – is available for eight hours a day at a very competitive rate. If you wish to make use of car and driver, please enquire when booking.
• In-house massage (on arrangement)
No need to lift a finger while staying at Villa Sagitta! Our staff members are there to ensure that your holiday is as stress-free, hassle-free and relaxed as it should be, while affording you privacy at all times.
The Balinese are well known in the international hotel trade for their exemplary levels of ‘intuitive service’, and the staff at Villa Sagitta is no exception. Our team will happily organise – among other things – transport, excursions, restaurant bookings and spa treatments.
Between them they will:
• provide all the housekeeping, food and beverage services
• arrange and cook your daily complimentary breakfast, and will provide any other meals you would like off our à la carte menu, or want to have prepared
• provide discreet maintenance of the garden and pool and
• organise any activities you may require
Food and beverages:
A complimentary breakfast from our breakfast menu is provided throughout your stay. Food is such an interesting, and delicious, part of a Balinese holiday that we offer an à la carte menu, for your account, of Balinese and international cuisine which is prepared by our staff. Villa Sagitta does not offer self-catering, although the staff are more than happy to show you how they prepare the traditional Balinese dishes that we offer.
Our beverage list, for your account, includes both non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. Tea and coffee is complimentary, as is bottled water from the water dispenser. Safe ice is always used.
In addition we will endeavor to accommodate any dietary requirements or additional beverages which are not on our menu, where possible.
Children are very welcome at Villa Sagitta but the property is not suitable for mobile babies and toddlers, or children who can not yet swim, as there is an unprotected swimming pool and parts of the garden are steep.
No Balinese holiday is complete without a spa treatment or two! We provide well-priced in-house treatments which can be arranged with the staff or, alternatively, our staff will be happy to book treatments for you at surrounding spas – many of which provide a complimentary pick-up service from the villa.
The Balinese are well known for their love of children and our staff is happy to babysit, or organise a babysitter, where necessary. Babysitting is provided, paid directly to the sitter.
We also own a beachfront villa in the beautiful fishing town of Candidasa in east Bali which we similarly rent as either 3 or 4 bedrooms. Subject to availability we offer discounted stays at both villas when rented as one package. We also provide free transfers between the two villas. Please view Villa Cocoa Maya – property number 417743 - on VRBO. Simply type in the property number in the search bar on the VRBO home page.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Car Available
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Both the upstairs bedrooms have four-poster king size beds with very comfortable mattresses. The third bedroom, situated downstairs, has a queen-size bed and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. The Joglo suite is fitted with a king-size bed, 2 Balinese day beds, a Chinese decorative bed and a dining room table with four chairs. It has an open air shower. (Please refer to the rates page for the prices of hiring the villa as a 3 or 4-bedroom). We also provide a baby mattress and a camp cot, free of charge....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- • Swimming pool • Four staff who take care of the housekeeping, cooking, pool and garden maintenance • Full meal and beverage menu • A car and driver with good English is available at a very competitive rate • Babysitting (at Rp30 000 per hour [approximately $3 per hour]) • In-house massage (on arrangement)...moreless
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- CD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Cultural/tourism activities: Well known as the cultural heart of Bali, Ubud is beautifully situated among picturesque rice paddies. Despite the increasing numbers of tourists, Ubud still retains its charm. It is well known for its good shopping, excellent restaurants, fantastic spas, and many spiritual practices and varied courses. It is also famous for performances of mesmerizing traditional dances such as the Barong, Kecak and Legong dances. The staff will be happy to make suggestions regarding yoga, meditation, cooking classes, art classes, dance classes, sightseeing, bird walks, herb walks and anything else you can think of! The villa has access to many activities both close by or as a day trip, with the advantage of being able to return to peace, quiet and tranquility. //Pejeng area/ Pejeng is very famous for its temples and was once an important seat of power. With over 40 old temples in the region between the rivers Pakrisan and Petanu, the Pejeng area contains Bali's richest collection of antiquities. Some of Bali's archaeological treasures, such as Goa Gajah, Gunung Kawi and Pura Pusering Jagat, which date as far back as the 9th century, are also situated in this area. //Walking/ There are many beautiful walks in Pejeng through the rice paddies. If you prefer, our driver can drop you off and collect you, where and when you please. //White Water Rafting/ Various operators offer rafting on the Ayung river near Ubud. The Ayung River caters to class 2 and 3 rapids which are suitable for anyone from 5-75yrs. //Cycling/ Cycling is a beautiful way to see the Balinese landscape and there are tour operators who offer cycling tours for different expertise and fitness levels, and also tours that include children. In fact many of the cycling tours pass very near the villa and you can be fetched from the villa to start your cycle. From Pejeng to central Ubud the cycling is mainly downhill. //Goa Gajah/ Goa Gajah, a significant Hindu archaeological site, is a 10 minute drive from Villa Sagitta. It consists of a mysterious cave, relics, and ancient bathing pools set amid green rice paddies and a garden. Goa Gajah is colloquially known as the Elephant Cave because of its close proximity to the Elephant River. The entrance to Goa Gajah looks like a demonic mouth, suggesting that people are entering an underworld as they venture inside through the darkness. //Pura Tirta Empul/ Tirtha Empul Temple is a Hindu temple, built in 926 A.D. during the Warmadewa dynasty (from the 10th to 14th centuries), at a site where there was a large water spring. It is famous for its holy water and this is where many Hindu Bali people go for purification. Tirta Umpul Temple is a very active temple and as such is an interesting place to observe Hindu devotees purifying themselves by means of ritual bathing. It is especially recommended to visit on a full moon day, which has special significance in Bali. It is approximately 10 minutes drive from the villa. //Moon of Pejeng/ The Moon of Pejeng is the largest single-cast bronze kettle drum in the world, and the largest known relic from Southeast Asia's Bronze Age period. It dates back to 300 B.C. It is considered highly sacred by local people and is thought to be a relic of early rice cultivation rituals. It is kept at Pura Penataran Asih Temple in Pejeng....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We will tell our friends and family to stay here!Guest comment entered by owner
We will tell our friends and family to stay here!
Leaving as very relaxed and satisfied customers. Our stay at Villa Sagitta could not have been better! The staff helped make our stay highly enjoyable, and they went out of their way to do anything to help us out. We will definitely be telling our family and friends to come and stay here. Thank you for everything! Lauren and guests, Legian, Bali
- Guest Lauren and guests, Legian, Bali
- Date of stay 12/16/13
- Review Submitted 12/17/13
A great holiday!Guest comment entered by owner
A great holiday!
We had a beautiful stay at the villa and Sana and the team were fantastic. They cooked us beautiful special meals and were great with our toddler, running around all over the property. Ketut was a great driver and again was fantastic with our little ones’. Thanks for a great holiday. Misty and family, Australia
- Guest Misty and family, Australia
- Date of stay 12/13/13
- Review Submitted 12/17/13
Wonderful place!Guest comment entered by owner
What a wonderful place, a little hidden paradise! It’s been a pleasure to spend some time at Villa Sagitta. The staff are great. Thank you so much for taking care of us during our stay. Gayatri and family, Texas, USA
- Guest Gayatri and family, Texas, USA
- Date of stay 12/04/13
- Review Submitted 12/09/13
Paradise!Guest comment entered by owner
What a lovely piece of paradise within paradise! We so enjoyed our stay! Thank you to Sana and team! Maureen and family, Durban, South Africa
- Guest Maureen and family, Durban, South Africa
- Date of stay 11/19/13
- Review Submitted 11/25/13
What a delightful Shangri-LaGuest comment entered by owner
What a delightful Shangri-La
What a delightful Shangri-La. So inviting a villa. So spacious and comfortable. Everything was what a true holiday has to offer! The helpful staff - Sana, Wayan, Dewa, Ketut and Picang – are delightful. Our driver Ketut was a mine of information and support on our drives into Ubud or our day trip to the coffee plantation, rice paddies and volcano at Kintamani. The roosters were our music back-ground, plus the geckos and frogs. The weather was superb and our walks an eye opener. Thank you for a lovely stay! Helen and Kirsten, Melbourne, Australia
- Guest Helen and Kirsten, Melbourne, Australia
- Date of stay 11/10/13
- Review Submitted 11/18/13
Such a beautiful place!Guest comment entered by owner
Such a beautiful place!
Villa Sagitta has left me speechless. I feel so lucky to have come here to such a beautiful place, to stay amongst nature and in absolute luxury. Many thanks to the wonderful staff who have been nothing but brilliant - providing delicious breakfasts and coffee every morning. I have slept so well in the huge gorgeous beds and the outdoor shower is just magical. There is a lot more things I have yet to see or do in Bali and hopefully I will return to Villa Sagitta in the not too distant future. Thanks again for my stay in paradise. Kate and friends, UK and Singapore
- Guest Kate and friends, Uk and Singapore
- Date of stay 10/20/13
- Review Submitted 10/31/13
A special holiday location!Guest comment entered by owner
A special holiday location!
A truly beautiful place to stay. The scenery and the layout of the villa speaks for itself, and the staff were friendly, helpful and charming. Sleeping with the doors wide open and awakening to such a beautiful view was divine. Took a few minutes to walk down to the nearby temple – so beautiful and peaceful, and a good place to spot butterflies, especially the big black and blue ones. We wished we’d made time to walk all the way down the cliff to the river tough – maybe next time! Thank you for creating such a special holiday location and atmosphere. Gita, Dave and family, Perth, Australia
- Guest Gita, Dave and family, Perth, Australia
- Date of stay 10/11/13
- Review Submitted 10/11/13
Incredible!Guest comment entered by owner
What an incredible secret hideaway this place is!! So peaceful and remote – easy to believe you are the only inhabitants for miles. We had the most relaxing family holiday here. The views over the valley are spectacular, especially at dawn. Really appreciated the beautifully and thoughtfully appointed villa – especially the antiques and furnishings. Big thank you to Sana, Wayan, Dewa, Komang and Picang for looking after us so well. Special thanks to Ketut for taking us to see all the highlights and for giving us an insight into Bali-life and culture. Suksma! Peter, Debbie and family, Sydney, Australia
- Guest Peter, Debbie and family, Sydney, Australia
- Date of stay 10/08/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Breathtakigly beautiful!Guest comment entered by owner
Villa Sagitta was breathtakingly beautiful, so peaceful and serene. Sana looked after us perfectly and always made us feel at home. Wayan's food was delicious and we will miss it! All the staff work wonderfully together to bring paradise to every guest. Thank you for a beautiful experience that we will never forget. We will be back! Cayle and Alicia, USA
- Guest Cayle and Alicia, USA
- Date of stay 08/25/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Thank you!Guest comment entered by owner
We had a fantastic time. Thank you for your wonderful service, lots of laughs and generosity. Lucy and Greg
- Guest Lucy and Greg
- Date of stay 02/16/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $210 Nightly; 21 nights or more: $200 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
We are happy to organise your airport transfer, or your transfer from elsewhere on the island. The rate to or from the airport is Rp350 000 (approximately US $30) for a seven-seater vehicle.
Sole use of the villa
Villa Sagitta is rented as a unit. It is not possible to rent single rooms.
We will only ever ask for payment via our PayPal account in the name of Villa Sagitta.
2013 rate for 4-bedrooms, 7 or 8 people
$280 per night for 13 nights or less
$260 per night for 14 - 20 nights
$250 per night for 21 nights or more
2014 rate for 3-bedrooms:
$260 per night for 13 nights or less
$240 per night for 14 - 20 nights
$230 per night for 21 nights or more
Additional Fees and Taxes:
2014 rate for 4-bedrooms:
$310 per night for 13 nights or less
$290 per night for 14 - 20 nights
$280 per night for 21 nights or more
Daily breakfast for all guests
Complimentary tea & coffee throughout your stay
Bottled water from the water dispenser
11% government tax
5% service charge
Rates are subject to change until your booking is confirmed.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: David and I (Mailie), the owners of Villa Sagitta, are born-and-bred South Africans who live in Johannesburg, South Africa with our two little boys, Adam and Jed. We've always been keen travelers but Bali has found a special place in our hearts and, school schedules permitting, we try and spend as much time there as we can.
Why the Owner Chose Tampaksiring:
Ubud really is the cultural heartland of Bali and we love the arty, laid back feeling of the whole area. We particularly loved this property (and we looked at many!) because it provides such a sense of serenity, peace and tranquility. The drive to Ubud - through the most gorgeous rice fields - is really beautiful. We enjoy that we are close enough to the 'action' to easily partake in Ubud life and the attractions in the area. Yet, equally, we often just lounge around the villa for days on end doing nothing but swim, sleep, read and eat! Heaven!
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
The villa is beautifully situated at the top of a river gorge. There is a special light that settles over the gorge in the mornings and evenings, and my absolute best is to curl up in the bale, or on the day bed outside, with my book and a cup of coffee, and just imbibe the views, and sounds, of Bali.
- Primary: +27 721421187 Please phone between 8am & 5pm Mon to Fri (GMT +2)
View of the river gorge over the infinity pool
The front of the house, outdoor living and pool
View from the pool patio into the lounge
The two Balinese day beds and the Chinese bed in the Joglo Suite
Solid teak four-poster king size extra length bed in the Joglo Suite
Joglo Suite bathroom
Path to outdoor shower, main bathroom and undercover bale
Balinese bale outside the main bedroom with comfortable day beds on which to lie
Second bathroom with open air shower to enjoy the view
The shower in the en-suite bathroom of the third bedroom downstairs
The garden at the front entrance
The infinity swimming pool
Outside of the house as seen from the front gate
Comfortable living area with TV, DVD player, selection of DVDs stereo and books
The Joglo Suite
View over the valley from the day bed in the Joglo Suite
Main bedroom with four-poster king size bed
Main bedroom and bale dappled in the beautiful Balinese light
Gorgeous view over the gorge from the upstairs bale
Second bedroom with four-poster king size bed
Third bedroom downstairs with queen size bed
View from the front of the house back to the main entrance
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, September 27, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Please phone between 8am & 5pm Mon to Fri (GMT +2)
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.