"A few guy friends and I just stayed here and had a great time! Betty & Jeremy were very responsive when we had small questions, and even delivered extra paper towels for us. (The decor may feel a little strange if you're not from Utah. All I'll say: if you're an animal lover or averse to religiosity, this *might* not be the best place for you) All in all, we really enjoyed the comfort and location of this home. Highly recommended! Some pointers:
- Definitely a prime location if you're looking to have options between Bryce Canyon & Zion.
- If you know you'll be at Zion every day, this is a bit far since you have to take a winding, slow route into the east entrance of the park.
- This is a great place to just relax as well -- it's quiet, serene, and the long patio gives you plenty of opportunity to just sit and watch the world go by.
- If you want your entire party to be really comfy while sleeping, you may want to limit to about 6 people. There is 1 huge king bed, and 3 individual-sized beds spread through 3 bedrooms. There is also a large couch bed in a den next to the entryway, but the walls aren't fully enclosed and the mattress is a bit thin (like you might expect from a couch bed). As a bonus, the couch in the basement is extremely plush and comfortable.
- There are 2.5 bathrooms. The master bathroom is entirely open, so you may want to take all your showers in the bathroom at the end of the hall between all the bedrooms. That way, you'll stay warm! The master bathroom does have a nice, large soaker tub, though.
- The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils, pots/pans, a double stove, an outdoor propane grill, appliances, and a variety of basic spices for all your cooking needs. Bring your own food in bulk if you're staying for multiple days.
- The washer and dryer are huge and can handle large loads. The washer's handle is a little broken, so you'll have to use a bit of force to open it. And the dryer's door is a little loose, so you may have to MacGyver a way to keep it closed.
- The wi-fi connection was fairly strong throughout the house, allowing up to multiple connections without losing too much speed. It did tend to lose signal every now and then. It also creates an additional way to communicate with friends & family since you can use video chat apps/programs instead of a phone.
- The house has a ton of blankets and pillows, though you may need to keep washing towels daily in order to keep a fresh supply."
Guest: Jon B.
Date of Stay: May 2015
Review Submitted: May 27, 2015