River House New Orleans Boutique Luxury Vacation Rental(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Bed And Breakfast
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 2-4)
Whether you’re a couple looking for a private getaway or a family looking to spread out in your own fully equipped residence, this luxurious antebellum mansion is designed to delight your senses and meet your needs. Located on an historic, tree-lined street just three blocks from the French Quarter, River House offers luxury accommodations on par with those found in fine hotels, but in the practical and more personal setting of an ideally situated independent residence.
Tastefully designed with high quality furnishings and fine antiques, each one of River House’s three floors comprises a private, generously appointed vacation accommodation in its own right, while also offering the flexibility of being combined with one or both of the other floors for larger groups and extended stays. Completing the picture are a 500-square-foot westward-facing balcony, with original cast iron and spectacular cityscape views, and lush gardens surrounding the entire “compound” with swimming pool.
* Fully licensed by the City of New Orleans as a guest house offering two short-term rental units. For longer-term stays, a third unit may be combined to create a “whole house” rental.
* Lovely private courtyards and swimming pool.
* Unlimited wireless high-speed Internet with fully appointed home office centers ('lender' laptops and printers available).
* HD flat-panel plasma TVs and digital cable TV with HBO and Showtime. Home theater/audio surround-sound systems with iPod docking stations and CD players. DVD lending library.
* Freshly ironed, high-thread-count 100% cotton bedding, down pillows, and King-size Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress.
* Lovely terracotta tile kitchenette (1st floor) with nice dinnerware, microwave, dishwasher, and 'easy-reach' fridge with icemaker.
* Selection of coffee makers, including electric drip, French press, and Nespresso Le Cube One-Touch Espresso maker with selection of blends for your personal daily use.
* Immaculate tile bath with antique-style pedestal sinks, Jacuzzi tub (1st floor), plush cotton towels and robes, and l'Occitane en Provence bath amenities. Adjoining walk-in closet with fully stocked laundry/ironing center (1st floor).
* Good residential block and secure building ('service wing' is owner-occupied; ADT system) with separate central heat/AC for each floor, two blocks from Frenchmen Street's trendy clubs and restaurants and three blocks from the French Quarter.
* Concierge, maid, personal shopping, and floral services available.
* The River House Promise: We believe it is important to find the perfect home away from home. In designing River House, our goal was to create the vacation rental accommodations of our dreams--the kind of place we would like to stay in ourselves--a comfortable environment that not only rejuvenates the body but also inspires the mind and nourishes the soul. At the same time, we understand that vacation rental apartments are still a rather unconventional type of lodging, and that traveling can be stressful enough without having to worry whether a place will live up to its promises. So, our promise to you is this: If upon arrival at River House you are not delighted with the home and its amenities, we will refund your reservation in full.
--David and Csaba
FOR MORE PHOTOS, DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS, AND CLIENT REVIEWS, PLEASE VISIT OUR OFFICIAL 'RIVER HOUSE NEW ORLEANS' WEBSITE BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW UNDER 'LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION.'
Keywords: Antebellum Home
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2001
- Bed And Breakfast
- Bed & Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: +001 504-616-0745 After 8 p.m., please leave voice mail.
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - River House New Orleans Official Website
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from Living Room Toward Kitchen
King-Size Solid Pine Bed with Down Pillows and Luxury Bedding
Antique Scottish Maid's Press in Bedroom (TV/DVD inside Center Cabinet)
Living Room with 1870s Oil Mural and Private Shuttered Door onto Marigny St.
Large Tile Bath with Jacuzzi Tub and l'Occitane en Provence Amenities
View from 2nd Floor. Dining Room Through to Drawing Room, Gallery
Second Floor Guest Suite
Side Courtyard Leading to Rear Gardens and Pool Area
River House Creole-Style Plantation Home, Three Blocks from French Quarter
View Across Apartment from Dining Area into Bedroom Area
View from Front of Bedroom Toward Bathroom
Dining Area and Fully Equipped Kitchen
19th Century French Country Case Clock
Second Floor Guest Suite
Second Floor Gallery
Private Pool and Sundeck
This listing was first published here in 2001.
Date last modified - Monday, January 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.