Spacious Cottage in Quiet Secluded Community, with Private Deck!(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 Bedrooms, 2 Full Baths, Sleeps 6 adults and 4 children
The cottage building is semi-detached with two very private entrances into Unit #2. The cottage has a private deck and three reserved parking spaces. (Nothing is shared with the unit next door.)
Two bedrooms on the ground floor - each with a queen-sized bed, and two bedrooms upstairs, one with a double and a twin, the other, with two sets of bunk beds. Ceiling fan and Cable TV in master bedroom. Cable TV in upstairs bunk bed room. Wireless high speed internet throughout the cottage.
Air Conditioning window units cool the entire unit.
Relax on the private deck with lounge chairs, garden table & chairs. Charcoal grills provided.
Outdoor shower with hot and cold running water.
* Two flat screen HDTV's
* Blue-Ray DVD player with internet connectivity
* Mini-refrigerator on the second floor
* Two air purifiers
* Refinished hard wood floors
* Refinished dining room table
Coin operated laundry machines in an adjacent building. Clothes line on Unit #2's property.
Walk across the street to access bike rentals, restaurants, deli, shops, ice cream, and more. Bike trail is located 0.02 miles from cottage. One mile to Campground Beach (Bay side) and 3.0 miles to Nauset Light and Coastguard Beaches (Ocean side). Five miles to the heart of Orleans, seven miles to Wellfleet's quaint town center, and close to the Wellfleet Drive-In and Cinemas.
Enjoy your family gathering in this spacious and comfortable cottage.
Note: All groups that wish to rent our house must include several members that are 25 years or older.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2006
- 1340 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Two bedrooms are on the first floor; both with queen beds. These bedrooms are situated on opposite ends of the main living area, each next to a full bathroom. Two bedrooms are on the second floor; one with a double bed and a twin bed, the other has two sets of bunk beds. The bunk room also has a sofa and a recliner and offers extra living area for the kids. Each bed is outfitted with a mattress pad, a cotton blanket, a comforter/quilt, and pillows....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Outdoor shower has both hot and cold water controls.
- This house was provided with a new smoke detector system in 2011. The detectors are fully compliant with current Massachusetts Building Code. Smoke detected in one room sets off all alarms. Carbon Monoxide detector is also included. There is a fire extinguisher under the kitchen sink. There is one ceiling fan located in the master bedroom. There is a window fan and a floor fan to be placed as necessary. Each of the upstairs bedrooms has a window-unit air conditioner. One large window-unit air conditioner is provided for the first level. The deck has two lounge chairs, a table with four chairs and an umbrella, and a charcoal grill. There are six beach chairs, eight beach towels and four canvas beach bags at the house. Laundry machines are located in a shared building next door, and a small ironing board and iron are located in one of the bathrooms....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 9 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Early Peak Summer 2016
Jun 17 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Peak Summer 2017
Jul 1 - Aug 26, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Other Activities: Wellfleet Drive-In Theater
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: My husband and I own Oak Grove Cottage #2. My parents lived on Cape Cod in Eastham, Mass and operated a small bed and breakfast. My husband and I grew to love the area. We love riding bikes and hiking trails and well as visiting the ocean beaches and fresh water ponds. We learned the hospitality business from my parents. I grew up in Massachusetts and attended University of Mass/ Amherst. My husband grew up in Kansas and is a graduate of the US Naval Academy. He served on submarines during the Cold War. We now live in Baltimore, Maryland. Husband is a Mechanical engineer and I work as a fire protection technician. We have renters that come back every summer for vacation. One group has been renting Oak Grove Unit #2 for 10+ years. My husband thinks home repair is fun! Refinishing floors and replacing bathroom fixtures gives him great satisfaction. He is constantly updating some aspect of the cottage.
Why the Owner Chose North Eastham, Eastham, MA, USA:
This cottage is in a private and secluded community surrounded by Oak trees. One entrance road serves 6 cottages. There is no traffic. The cottage is spacious. It is much larger than it looks from the outside. A perfect space for multi-generations of families to enjoy. We love to rent to families that include grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts and children. Our competent property manager is native to Cape Cod. He is very attentive and fixes problems quickly. And he is not grumpy... well maybe a little grumpy if you call him at 3am.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Although it is secluded and private, there are restaurants, bike rentals, bike trail, bay-side beaches, ice cream and donut shops and small grocery stores within walking distance. This is a great benefit if you do not wish to drive in the summer traffic.
- Primary: + 4102629963
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Relax and enjoy your private deck.
Exterior of Oak Grove Cottage #2.
Flowers blooming around the private deck
Parking for three car is included with the cottage rental.
Sitting area. HD TV, Cable TV, blu-ray player, and simulated fire in fireplace
Modern, fully equipped kitchen with coffeemaker and lots of wine glasses.
Master Bedroom on First Floor with Queen Bed.
Bedroom: one double bed, and one twin bed. Located on second floor.
Mini-refrigerator for Beverages in the Bunk Room
Here is a review as written in our Guest Book
Restaurant within walking distance of cottage.
Campground beach at sunset. Campground beach is 1 mile from Oak Grove Cottage.
The front of Oak Grove #2.
Margaritas on the deck.
Look up to see a canopy of Oak trees. This is where the cottage gets its name.
Weber grills on the deck.
Eating area with table and benches.
In 2014 the stove and refrigerator were upgraded.
First floor bedroom with Queen-sized bed.
Bunk beds (in bunk room!). Space for four children.
Bunk room seating area.
Bike Trail that spans the entire cape. Two tenths of a mile from cottage.
Deli and General Store within walking distance of cottage.
Campground Beach at Sunset
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM