Enjoy magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean
Breathe in the ocean air, hear the waves hit the sand
Feel all your worries melt away...
This is a : LONG TERM RENTAL - 30 days or More
This oceanfront Sea Glass Cottage is the picture-perfect place to enjoy natural beauty and serenity on the San Mateo Coast near Half Moon Bay. Nothing in front of you but the Pacific Ocean. Ideal spot for a serene retreat to the beach, ideal rental for part - time work in the bay area, or a beautiful location to re-cupurate or just need time for yourself. Our guest comments repeat each other with how being close to the ocean seems to melt their busy lives away.
Sea Glass Cottage is a studio layout. The unobstructed ocean views can be enjoyed from the kitchen, living/dining area, as well as the sleeping area where you can wake up to the amazing ocean view from the comfort of your cozy king-size bed. Watch the sea lions, pelicans, seasonal whales, and dolphins go by.
Each of the two cottages on the property has its own small private deck with comfortable outdoor wicker lounge chairs & ottomans, situated to enjoy an unobstructed ocean view.
The views are absolutely stunning from all living areas of this romantic, elegantly appointed cottage. This is the spot to truly get away from it all. And still less than a 30-minute drive to San Francisco! Sea Glass Cottage , is 640 square feet and includes the following amenities:
- High thread count linens
- Pillow-top king bed with white leather tufted head and foot board
- White stained oak flooring throughout
- Sophisticated seaside furnishings
- White spa towels and robes for lounging
- Shampoo/conditioner, mouthwash, soaps, shower gel, lotions
- Fully stocked kitchen for foodies... create your own romantic beach meal.
- Coffees: ground & whole bean, grinder, press, selection of assorted teas
- 37 in. flat screen TV w/ cable, DVD player
- Comcast WiFi internet service (complimentary)
- Warm, cozy blankets for sitting outside at the gas fire pit.... witness the sunset setting directly in front of you!
Two cottages are situated on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and unspoiled Fitzgerald Marine Reserve. There is a common garden area located an appropriate distance from each cottage to enable privacy. The shared area offers a comfortable outdoor sectional, individual lounge chairs, and gas fire pit.
Fall asleep to the sound of ocean waves on the beach below. Wake up to the sound of seagulls in the distant sky. Sip your morning cup of java on the beach, it's only a 2-minute walk from your front door, or sit in bed and enjoy your private oceanfront view.
Our Sea Glass Cottage was built in 1906. This location was a destination spot for weekenders in the early 1900's. Guests traveled by train from San Francisco and Santa Cruz to visit this amazing place referred to as 'Nye's Reef'. At one time the property boasted a restaurant, hotel, bunk houses, and a tavern. Most of the buildings are still standing. This oceanfront cottage has been visited by many well-known individuals over the years including Jack London and Luther Burbank. A little inspiration! The setting makes it ideal for couples or individuals seeking solitude and serenity on the San Mateo Coast overlooking at the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve.
- Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (2-minute walk). Explore tide pools, watch sea lions napping on the rocks in the natural bay.
- 100 year-old forest (2-minute walk)
- Seal Cove Beach, a hidden gem (7-minute walk)
- Historic distillery restaurant (10-minute walk)
- Mavericks surf break (20-minute walk)
- Princeton Harbor for boating, kayaking, restaurants, shopping, or pampering spa. Pick up fresh fish from the local fisherman at the Princeton Harbor Pier for that gourmet seafood dinner you've been dreaming of creating! (3 miles)
- Half Moon Bay, quaint & historic town (6 miles)
Please no weddings, receptions or parties.
The beauty here will astound you. When our guests arrive and open the gate, everyone has the same reaction... 'Wow, this is unbelievable!'
We hope to soon welcome YOU to this breathtaking location and the Sea Glass Cottage.
Aloha, ~Carol & Jerome