St Simons Island Pet Friendly Beach Cottage Home
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Crane's Willderrness is a newly constructed residence (2007) located in the Old Village area of St Simons Island. We are two and a half blocks from the Lighthouse beach and the main shopping area. You will be delightfully relaxed with easy walks to the lighthouse, pool, parks, pier and many restaurants. When the tide is low, you can walk to the beaches near the lighthouse. When the tide is high, you can stroll along the boardwalk from the lighthouse to the Pier or might choose to ride bikes or take a 1 mile drive to the wide, ever-present beaches at East Beach.
Our two story, 4 bedroom cottage is a craftsman style home with special amenities to make your stay comfortable and relaxing:
- A true 'great room' that combines the kitchen, dining, and living room into a highly functional space for hanging out with family and friends. The living room has a large flat screen tv for moving watching and game playing. There is also a large sectional couch for hanging out and visiting or reading.
- Crane's Wilderness can accommodate three families for that 'yearly reunion' or wedding weekend and we have an additional rental (#130247) next door with two bedrooms (one King bed and one room with twin beds) for another family.
- Our gourmet kitchen is open to the breakfast nook and has an eating counter/bar for socializing with the 'cook' or 'bar tender'! The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking items, utensils, and electric appliances. The gas cooktop is high intensity, and there are three ovens for baking, convection, and pizzas - you need only to bring your food!
- The large family room has a wet bar and Hi def TV with high-speed Internet and WiFi available.
There are 4 bedrooms:
- Master Bedroom with king bed
This room has a 'memory foam' bed, a love seat for reading, an attached master bathroom with a walk in closet, and a great porch that looks out into the Live Oak Trees - kind of like a fancy tree house up there! Great for that morning coffee or tea or a nice glass of wine in the evening. Can easily seat 6-8 people up there.
- Master Bath has a 'soaker tub' with a view of the sky and trees, a separate shower and his and hers vanities. You may also warm your bath towel on the heated rack and warm the floors in the Winter for your toes.
There are three additional bedrooms
1 - the 'Jungle Room' is ideal for up to 6 kids or for adults who are wishing to share the room with their young children. It has a queen bed as well as a bunk-bed with a double/full mattress on the bottom and a single mattress on top. There is an additional spare mattress stored under the double lower bunk mattress that can be placed on the floor for another person.
2 - the 'Garden Room' has a king bed and a single day bed. This room is great for a couple or 3 adults who like each other or a couple with a child that they would like to have sleep in their room.
3- the front 'Sitting Room' has a full-sized 'Murphy Bed' (folds down from the wall). This room also has french doors that open onto the screened-in front porch. It also has a separate door that opens into the 'Handicapped accessible' bathroom with a shower on the first floor. There is another door to this bathroom off of the hallway that leads to the family/great room.
There is a 'wheel-chair' accessible ramp at the back of the house that enters into the family room as well as an outside dining table and a gas grill for BBQing under cover.
The main level has a screened porch in the front of the house for year-round relaxing bug free with a nice ceiling fan too.
The upper porch is off the Master Bedroom and is like being in a 'tree house'. The Live Oaks perfectly shade the porch and the vines, magic ferns, and natural aviary provide a most relaxing setting cooled by two ceiling fans - if you can't relax here, well, you can't relax!
Your dog (or two) is (are) welcome if well-behaved and house-trained. We ask that you keep your pets bathed and treated for fleas and PLEASE keep pets OFF of the furniture. Bring a pet bed or crate for them to rest when you are not at home and keep the yard poop free!
We invite you to come and enjoy our special place near the charming old village on St Simons Island! We hope you will enjoy it as much as we do!
- Carrell, Shannon and Stu
Keywords: 2 Story Cottage
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- King size beds (2) One in the master and one in the 2nd large bedroom., Queen size Beds (1) One in the jungle room along with the bunkbed that has a double mattress on the bottom and a single on the top., Double Beds (2) One on the bottom bunk in the Jungle Room and one on the murphy (pull down) bed in the front sitting room., Twin or Single Beds (3) One on the top bunk in the jungle room and one on the daybed in the 2nd 'Garden Bedroom' and one extra mattress under the double bottom bunk that can be placed in anyroom., Child Beds (1) Daybed in the 2nd bedroom and bunkbed int the Jungle Room, Baby Cribs (1) Pack n play in closet., Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) Fold down murphy bed in the front sitting room., Bunk Beds (1) In the jungle room - double mattress on the bottom and single on the top., Murphy Beds (1) One in front sitting room...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Two block walk to the beach, pier, pool, park and village.
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided:
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Cleaning fee $250
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About: Our family has owned property and visited St Simons regularly since 1977. This is the perfect spot on the island walking distance to all the village restaurants and bars as well as the lighthouse beach.
Why Saint Simons Island, GA, USA:
Carrell built this home in 2007 as a family beach retreat for herself and her two adult children and their families. She also dreams of retiring here one day! Her 4 grandchildren are building many happy memories here at MeMe's beach house!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our family especially enjoys relaxing on the porches and taking strolls and bike-rides to the beach, lighthouse, parks, pool and village. We have also enjoyed cooking up some delicious family meals, watching movies, reading books, playing games, putting together puzzles and just being together.
- Primary: 404-384-7326
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Crane's Willderrness on SSI
4th Bedroom/Reading room. Murphy bed folds down from french doors pictured.
Top floor porch off of Master Bedroom
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM