The Hunter Mt. House of Lanesville Historic 1800's Resort on a Babbling Stream(29 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
6 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms & 2 half bathrooms, sleeps 12 plus
about the house: This is an 1800's boarding house remodeled for your comfort and to experience history! The House was the vacation resort in the Catskills. The 'Husband Train' once stopped here to drop off the husbands for the weekend while the family stayed all summer or winter season. The energy is great! The water and air purer than most! The country is soothing and fun. We are on an underground lake and enjoy the spring water for drinking and bathing. You will notice the difference in your health and stress level the very first day of your stay! Our little stream along the house provides soothing sound and beautiful setting while relaxing outside on our wrap around decking and comfy chairs. One of our largest decks is through the french doors from the country kitchen where you will find several comfortable tables and chairs & a couple of BBQ's to use. This house is about : ENJOYMENT AND FUN! Some of our guests love it so much they don't even leave the house during their stay.
What is fun to do here?: You may even hike along the stream up to the waterfalls, caves and mountains out back of and including our property that is adjacent to state park land for your enjoyment.Up the mountain is swimming in nature or you may go to the local pool and workout rooms in the local hotel for a small fee. The North & South Lakes and the famous Haines Falls are two popular features within 10-20 minutes from the house. You may rent Kayaks, canoes, paddle boats, row boats, or just lay in the sun and swim. You may climb the biggest waterfall in NY or just rest in the cool mist from the water. Hiking is great here as you will become a fan immediately! Bring your camera! If you like to fish, we always have time to catch a trout from our clean waters for dinner! In the winter , skiing and snow boarding, snow shoeing and tubing, and much more. Every winter pleasure is within minutes of our house, or you may stay in and build a snowman or watch through french doors in front of a cozy fireplace.
What to do at night?: Enjoying cocktails in our bar and having your party here with friends is the best! You never need a Designated Driver! Just have a great , safe time here. When you do venture out you will find , delicious ethnic and American restaurants up and down the mountain within minutes. Lots of local events are happening all the time. You can always go to an art opening, an interesting movie, a museum, ride the old railroad, zip line, horses, play miniature golf, attend workshops for Spiritual growth, healing, yoga and , don' forget all the psychics that live up here and are available to you. Our local NY FIVE STAR SPAS, the Emerson and the Copperhood, are both only 10 minutes away form our front door, For a slight charge you can spend the day swimming, sunning,in their hot tub &/or Gym We can bring our Massage Therapist or Body workers or Reiki Masters , psychic or tarot readers right to your room! There is a special discounted fee for the house guests for your convenience.
We sleep 12 in our six rooms but can accommodate more with additional charge per person.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 4200 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 12
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- We have six double rooms and sleep 12 people with an additional space in the living area for three inflatable queen beds or whatever you need. So we sleep 12 in the bedrooms and 16-24 if you bring your own beds throughout the entire house. This place is huge!! Our linens are new and the rooms are very clean (no bed bugs!!). You may bring your own sheets if you wish to change the beds or use your washer and dryer to clean our sheets during your long vacations. We also include two pillows per person, bring more if you need them. Our comforters are comfy Bring more blankets if you wish. We have three QUEEN rooms and three DOUB LE TWIN rooms which can be converted to THREE KINGS upon your request. Our floors are wooden and new with new furniture with places to hang your clothing in every room. Ceiling fans add to your comfort and lots of windows with mountain views. Those who sleep hear can't believe how well they sleep. Their dreams are wonderful and they wake up refreshed!...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- We have two full and two half bathroom. Two full are located upstairs with the six bedrooms. The washer and dryer are brand new and located in one of the bathrooms. The two half bathrooms are located on the main floor where you may party and enjoy the lovely house . Bathe in the water from our underground streams. Enjoy the healing properties of the minerals in our water. Enjoy the country water from our stream for drinking as well. We plan to add hot tubs soon, too! Bathe in our nearby streams, rivers, and lakes. Enjoy our water the way only those who live here know how to do. We will show you the best swimming holes in the mountains for bathing and swimming and diving, too. Energise yourself with a healthful experience in the waters of the mountains, beginning with our bathrooms and continuing throughout your stay at the Hunter Mountain house of Lanesville 1800's Health Resort. The water is almost the same and the air is healthier than the city's air, too....moreless
- If you need something, just ask for it...we will find it for you!! We are here to serve you and to guarantee your comfort and convenience to your every need. We have many health practitioners in the area for massage, reiki, shiatsu, and more. They will come to the house for your convenience. Our massage table is provided for this purpose. For those who enjoy psychic readings, tarot readings, and guided imagery meditations, we have a practitioner in residence. All you need is an appointment and she will assist you with your needs. Lorry Salluzzi Sensei is a teacher and healer for over twenty years and has been seen on many tv shows,teaches in colleges , , and has a practice on Long Island is here most weekends and available to YOU! We will also provide you with local chefs, housekeepers, babysitters, drivers, and more.....if you need something, just ask for it ....we will find it for you! We have a great fire pit for you to enjoy on our incredible outdoor decking & lounge area...moreless
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Enjoy the lakes, waterfalls, mountain climbing, skiing, swimming , horseback riding close to house, & all mountain sports that you can think of. You can just enjoy the mountain air & water & relax!...moreless
We are surrounded by mountains and we are on Hunter Mountain in a valley, very picturesque , just breathtaking . You will enjoy the sunsets and magnificent mornings by the brook or the mountain view....moreless
You are surrounded by trees, herbs, flowers, plants, New York State land borders us so there is plenty of hiking, climbing, biking, running, water sports, tubing, and winter sports as well....moreless
We have three small towns for you to enjoy, Phoenicia is four miles down the mountain with shopping & restaurants. Hunter Village & Tannersville are up the mountain for 7 miles lots to enjoy....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 40 people
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet
- 2 Ring Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Fish Cleaning Table
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $250
$500-$700 per night with two night minimum
Our rates are $500 per night for a two night minimum with $250 cleanup fee. We also require a check for damage deposit of $600-$1000 depending on the size and nature of the group.
Rates are negotiable depending on size of group and time of year so please call us Our rates reflect the season. If you are contacting us during our 'off' season: 'Make us an offer that we can't refuse!.'
PLEASE NOTE: Some holiday weekend rates are $700 per night with three night minimum and some holiday weekends rates are $500 with THREE nigh minimum Some rates will be adjusted if the size of the group is over the recommended size group. We do aim to accommodate with comfort and style!
We are adding new features daily.
The latest projects are:
Two bedroom apartment with living room/sleeping area , private bathroom and kitchen, surrounded by balconies and breathtaking sites.
Kegulator for the guests who use the bar with joy!
NO hot tub, yet, working on this!
call for rates to
Most Holiday nights are $700 per night: Christmas Week, New Year, Easter, and more......let's negotiate!
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
We are near Hunter Mt Resorts Ski :Lodge, MOUNTAIN JAM, tubing , hiking, snow shoeing, fishing , Music Festivals at Bellayre Ski Resorts, Woodstock, Zip Lines, Catskills State parks, swimming, lakes, biking , horseback riding, bars, restaurants, psychics, yoga, reiki, take aways, boating, kayaking, and more... We are on several acres with babbling brook, woods, wraparound decks, barbecue, fire pit as well as the immense party house within.
Festivals are listed online and are local!
Event Takes place on-site at Hunter Mountain:
All bikes are welcome!
Bands on Saturday and Sunday
Food & beer
Awesome uncrowded roads
Skyride will be open
Guided base to summit rides
On-site Camping Available
Ski Season is OPEN and Happening on Hunter Mountain with Snow Tubing and Shoeing and more....please come and stay at our house!!
Other Activities: Some of our favorite things to do are: Zip Line, Snow Boarding, Concerts, Movies, Tubing, Antiquing, Horse back riding, all snow activities, indoor swimming minutes from the house, Internationally Famous Spas are 10 minutes from the house for a leisurely day while others ski minutes away as well, Massage therapists, reiki practitioners, chefs are all available upon request....we even have a Psychic on call for your party or private readings, group meditations can be arranged for your party, too. This house was great for parties: bachelor/bachelorette, birthdays, holidays, weddings, anniversaries, famil reunions, just read our reviews and you will get a great idea about how much fun it is to stay at the Hunter Mt House of Lanesville! Don't miss a breakfast at Sweet Sue's or browsing in the local shops! Perhaps you have not seen the movies playing in Hunter Village or Woodstock, the theatres are a trip in and of themselves, no lines or parking problems! Hike from front door to....??
Golf: Golfing is fun in our country clubs. We have one in Tannersville just 7 minutes away, one in Woodstock just 25 minutes drive on a beautiful scenic route on your way to enjoying a day in Woodstock, too. Kingston Country Club is the biggest and only 40 minutes away. We have it all, up in the Catskills!!
Ski: The ski mountains are 7 minutes to Hunter Mountain, 10 minutes to Bellayre and 18 minutes to Windham. These resorts are great all year round. When the snow is gone , there are wonderful festivals and rides: zipline, air rides, dances, concerts and more...Don't forget MOUNTAIN JAM and Bluestock are both 7 minutes away and great fun. Support New York and enjoy wonderful weekends in our Hills!
- Primary: +1 8456885672 Please, leave a message
- Secondary: +1 5167085213 Text Lorry's Cell at any time for assistance
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful trees and flowers, you won't believe how how gorgeous this is!
Plenty of room at our BAR
Like cooking in a restaurant for your guests!
Great stove, grill
The Blue Room
Manicured lawns and wraparound decks with lots of seating for sunning and fun!
The Green Room, the Elvira
Just one of the many views of the Catskills fromt Hunter Mountain, nice to hike
The bubbling, babbling brook
Great winter sports up on Hunter Mt! Or just sit by the cozy fireplace & relax
Dining outside with our two large gas BBQ's , another one has charcoal, too
Have fun playing pool near the blazing fireplace
Like cooking in a professional restaurant!
Space to enjoy your family and friends and to party!!!
Lounging with lots of cable stations, wifi, Phone, on the stage
the Sexy Red Room
the Disco Room
Lorry's personal favorite!
From Rita Salluzzi's point of view, the artist!!
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.