Casa Migegos is a charming cottage built of stone and wood, lovingly restored in one of the most sought after areas by rural tourists in the west coast of Cantabria (Northern Spain). Located in the village of La Revilla, in the heart of the Oyambre Natural Park, the cottage is a place where you can enjoy silence and unforgettable days while being a central location to experience the incredible rich history of the region.
La Revilla is situated at an altitude of 25 meters above sea level, on National Highway 634 at Mirador de la Pita. This location offers a stunning panoramic view of the Ria de San Vicente de la Barquera, with the Marisma de Rubin and the Picos de Europa in the background. Quaint nearby towns include San Vicente de la Barquera, Comillas and Santillana del Mar.
A 5 minute walk from the cottage is an 18-hole golf course, Campo de Golf Santa Marina, designed by Severiano Ballesteros. San Vicente de la Barquera is 3 kms away - a lovely old town renowned for its tradition, history, white sand beaches and famous cuisine centered around the fishing port's daily seafood catch.
•MIGEGOS I: has 3 double bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, large living room with fireplace and garden with barbecue.
•MIGEGOS II: has 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, lounge and garden with barbecue.
San Vicente de la Barquera (5 min) was an important development in the coastal route of the Camino de Santiago. The result of that history is an incredible village declared as a Historical Site with many prominent monuments, including: The Church of St. Mary of the Angels, The Statue Inquisitor Corro, The Sanctuary Barquera, The Palace of Corro Family, El Castillo del Rey, and The Convent of San Luis.
Comillas (10 min) The town was declared as Historic-Artistic and is known as the 'Villa of the Archbishops” Magnificent architecture and mansions abound with their shields and own lineage of the time, including Sobrellano Palace, The Pontifical University, The Capricho of Gaudí, the cemetery and the monument to the Marquis of Comillas.
Santillana del Mar (20 min) is a living museum of a medieval village developed around the church of Santa Juliana. Most of the village architecture correspond to various contributions from the fourteenth to the eighteenth century. The old quarter of Santillana is best explored on foot. Two kilometers from Santillana is another great artistic treasure of Cantabria: the universally-recognized Caves of Altamira. Discovered in 1879 by Marcelino Sanz de Sautuola and daughter Mary, the Caves have UNESCO World Heritage designation.
Cabarceno Natural Park (20 min)
The Cabarceno Natural Park is home to 54 different species, kept in a state of semi-freedom in 19 large venues ranging in size from 4 to 35 hectares. The Cabarceno Natural Park aims to recreate the most natural environment for its inhabitants. Animals are offered freedom and the ability to exist on instinct.
Picos de Europa (60 min) The Lebaniega region has a rich historical past that preserves a legacy of spectacular interest. Megalithic monuments in the hills and high mountain areas include; gravestones housing memories of a people who bravely defended their independence, cave shrines with evidence of early Christianity, medieval monasteries built in large numbers in the valleys, churches that still have the Romanesque, Gothic and neoclassicism in different stages of art. The monastery of Santo Toribio is a must visit, where he guards the 'Lignun Crucis', one of the most important relics in the world. It is the largest preserved piece of the Cross of Christ that the Lebaniegos monks have zealously been guarding since the ninth century. Another point of great interest is the cable car from Fuente De, which allows access to the heart of the Picos de Europa in comfort.
The Cave of Soplao (20 min) :A single cavity, discovered in the early twentieth century for the exploitation of mines, The Cave is considered one of the great wonders of geology. The cave is a paradise of speleothems (eccentric, stalactites, stalagmites, coladas, columns, cave pearls etc.) the Soplao is a delight for anyone who comes to visit, you can enjoy a tour that will overwhelm the senses with its abundance and diversity of its eccentric formations.
Cabuerniga (20 mins) :Cabuerniaventura is an exciting adventure for families and people of all ages offering a multisport park with zip lines and other challenges for the more daring, recreation, golf cages, pedal cars, archery and pony rides. OPEN ALL YEAR
Museum of Jurassic Muja (40 min)
A museum in the shape of a dinosaur footprint shape that has one of the most complete dinosaur specimens in the world and teaches about these fascinating reptiles. Activities include: free or guided tours, gift shop, cafe, outdoor children's playground, green zone, audio guides in 4 languages, Braille guide, rest area and parking. ACTIVITIES MAY BE BOOKED IN ADVANCED.
- Cades Forge is just over a mile and is now fully restored and open to the public with demonstrations of their operation
- The coast and beaches Pechón or the innumerable and extensive beaches from San Vicente de la Barquera and Comillas are a car ride of seven, ten, and twenty minutes respectively.
- Valleys and Cabrales Liébana is a twenty minute car ride
- In the beautiful valley of the Cabuérniga Saja reserve and the pretty villages where as Barcena Mayor, Ruente, Ucieda are located, you can take countless beautiful walks while enjoying superb cuisine including the highlander cooked beans with deer, Quesada, rice pudding, beef steak etc. This town alos holds an adventure park with zip lines archery, and other activites.
- The city of Santander with its Palace Cupcake you will find a small train that will guide you through all of it also ends in a small zoo with seals, penguins, polar bears and a huge playground .
- The lighthouse at Cape holds an impressive park with ropes for guided supervision of the fearless.
- In the same town you will also find a newly opened path along the river running from nansa Muñorrodero Camijanes for 7 kilometers ending in a wonderful park with swings and ziplines .
- The distance from Asturias to the lakes of Covadonga is a short ten minute drive. Along the route you will find Llanes, a museum of prehistory, beaches and caves.