The studio penthouse at the Morley Soda Factory, a three-story, nine-unit heritage building that was completely renovated and restored only eight years ago. Originally constructed in 1884, the building has been a flagship of the downtown core for 130 years – and you can now stay here and experience all the amazing things downtown Victoria has to offer.
This unique, top-floor studio penthouse in the heart of Old Town in downtown Victoria is an urban traveller’s dream. Walk out the door onto historic wood cobblestone streets and you’re literally steps away from the Lower Johnson shopping.
Being on the top floor, the space has lots of natural light, keeping the apartment bright and warm. It’s the perfect place to make your home base while exploring and you can easily duck back inside at any point during your day for a quick nap, or a snack, or just to take a break to relax with a great cup of local coffee on the terrace.
The historic character of the neighbourhood is what first attracted us to this property. The historic buildings and alleys connect you seamlessly to bustling streets with award winning restaurants, cocktail lounges, bars, pubs, coffee shops, yoga studios and boutique shops for clothes, apparel and more.
Our suite offers you a chance to be right in the center of downtown while avoiding some of the more trying aspects of tourist traps and hotels. You’ll get a truly local experience, the local culture and community that bustles all around the area. Once you park your vehicle (if you have one) you are unlikely to need it again, as almost everything is within walking distance.
Our studio is centrally located in the heart of downtown and the Old Towne district. Bring your bike! Park your car and walk, or easily grab a cab or bus from right out front. Waddington Alley stretches between Yates Street and Johnson Street, two one-way streets going opposite directions that will bring you to the most amazing shops, restaurants, historic buildings and other community locations in Victoria.
The carefully designed studio – which was completed in late-2009 – has all the amenities you could want for a short or long-term rental:
• Three-piece bathroom with fresh towels, shower/tub and all the fixings
• Planted terrace with bistro set overlooking the famous wooden cobblestones of Waddington Alley and onto Johnson Street
• Hair dryer and iron
• A wall-mounted flat screen TV, complete with Apple TV box + Netflix
• A Queen-sized bed, with fresh linens, individual hanging lamps and big pillows
• A complete kitchen loaded with all the dinnerware, cookware and glasses you could ever need; as well as a fridge, freezer, brand new oven, stovetop and a row of kitchen bar seats for socializing while you cook
• An elevator to help you lug those bags up to the top floor!
• The building has a very private rear courtyard garden for relaxing, if you so choose
• The most secure and inexpensive covered parking lot in town is less than 50 meters away
• The historic and iconic Johnson Street Bridge can be seen from the terrace and is literally across the street – so you can take casual walks over the harbour to get a full view of the city
• All of Victoria’s best restaurants and bars are within walking distance
• Easy access to taxis for excursions that go a little further
• There are three great brew pubs within walking distance, two less than five minutes away
We love this little spot and our town and we look forward to providing a unique experience and comfy nest for your Victoria adventure