Lovely Cotswolds Holiday Home(4 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Lower Mill Estate, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths. Sleeps 6 adults
A lovely Cotswolds traditional home re-imagined with modern amenities. 4 bedrooms including two double rooms with en-suite full baths, 2 bedrooms each with one twin bed and a family bathroom. Downstairs is a fully outfitted kitchen, dining room and lounge as well as a toilet and a utility room with washer/dryer and freezer. Outside deck overlooking a lovely lawn and the Mill Stream (part of the Thames) with outdoor seating for 8. Croquet set and boules set provided for outdoor games on the lawn. Great place for a family or adults, with ArtSpa passes included.
The award-winning on-site spa features Europe's first outdoor eco-pool as well as two 20M heated pools - indoor and outdoor, steam room, sauna, gym, a restful reading lounge and treatment rooms, where you can pamper and indulge yourself to your heart's content.
And in the great outdoors of the estate, you'll be able to ramble or cycle through secret woodlands and meadows which are rich in rare wildlife (including a protected colony of beavers) as well as enjoying more energetic days canoeing, kayaking, sailing or swimming in one of Lower Mill's eight lakes and two rivers. There's a world of adventure waiting to be discovered - a chance to experience a Swallows & Amazons lifestyle in a perfect, safe, secure natural playground for children of all ages.
Member since: 2015
- 1150 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
Situated in the heart of the south Cotswolds with bucolic villages & rolling hills. Only 4 miles from Cirencester, capital of the Cotswolds, with shops, restaurants, pubs and local markets....moreless
Modelled on the style of local villages, the honey coloured, Cotswold holiday cottages nestle around the lakes, small rivers and streams of the Lower Mill Estate. Set within the Cotswold Water Park....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
Fitness Room / Equipment:
ArtSpa passes provided during your stay. Fully equipped gym with weights, elliptical machines, rowing machine, stationary bicycles and treadmills. 2 heated pools, one indoor and one outdoors....moreless
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Xmas & New Year
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
There is a $300.00 refundable deposit for damages
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
• 550 acres of private nature reserve, including seven lakes and three rivers
• Traditionally styled Cotswold stone holiday cottages
• Outdoor, heated pool (Open Easter to the end of October and over Christmas and New Year)
• Excellent and varied fishing
• Tennis court
• Children’s play area
• Table tennis
• Close to Cirencester and convenient for exploring the Cotswolds
• Good transport links (approx 1.5 hours from West London)
• No large single sex parties are permitted on site
• Somerford Lagoon, being an internationally important site for wintering wildfowl, can only be used for non-powered water sports between 1st April and 30th of September. The footpath to the Southern and Eastern edge of Somerford Lagoon is not accessible from the 1st of October to the 31st of March, in order to minimize disturbance to the wintering wildfowl.
Spinney Lake is available for non-powered water sports throughout the year.
• There are two large, luxury slate-lined, heated swimming pools together with the UK's first Eco-Pool; a freshwater swimming pool purified entirely by water lillies! With a fully equipped gymnasium, a steam room, Scandinavian sauna, library, treatment rooms and a wonderful restful resident's lounge, the luxury health spa facilities will leave you spoilt for choice.
• The beautifully landscaped private gardens provide a peaceful haven to relax, chill out and watch the world go by, complete with sunbathing decks and hammocks! The spa is literally just a few minutes stroll from Mill Village 43.
• As part of your holiday package, you will receive a temporary membership to the spa, so that you can take full advantage of all of the amazing facilities during your break.
Fun for all the Family
• Children of all ages are very welcome and there is plenty to do for the entire family.
Year Purchased: 2001
About: We currently live in the United States, in California, but as one half of us was born in England and spent the first 35 years of life in England, we were endlessly planning trips to England and absolutely love the Cotswolds. It is a bucolic place and we felt so fortunate to have been able to purchase this lovely home on this beautiful estate.
Why Somerford Keynes, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, UK:
We have traveled all over Europe, but always come back to England. The Cotswolds holds us captive due to the beauty of every season. We love going to the local pubs whether it be to sit by a warm fire in the winter or spend a lovely Sunday having lunch outside in the gardens. We are avid walkers and have literally walked from our house to London along the Thames, staying in Inns along the way. We planned the walk ourselves and managed to walk between 12 -18 miles a day and at the end of each day, we were rewarded with a refreshing pint at some great Inn's. We loved the walk, but were absolutely happy to get back to Dragonfly at the end!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Old style thatched cottage with all mod cons.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Dragonfly at sunset
Path through and under Dragonfly
View towards dining room
One of the single bedrooms
Another single bedroom
Outside deck by the Mill Stream
View from kitchen
The Wild Duck Inn
Master bedroom and ensuite bathroom.
A Master Bedroom
Wrap around deck
The ArtSpa pools
Local food at the Baker's Arms
Local beer garden
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM