Your Own Place in Paradise - the Best Reviews! Ocean, Pool, Air Conditioned Brs
You sent a message to this owner.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO. Learn more
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
We can't describe it any better than our guests do -
Sorry for the delay in my response. We had to jump right back into work and the reality that we work hard and stay busy the other 357 days of the year that we don’t spend in an island paradise like Bonaire. J However, I wanted to let you know (in detail) how much we truly loved our stay at Kas Bientu di Pasat/LBR 13. You and Stan are amazing and everything you have done to make our stay enjoyable is a wonderful gift that we sincerely appreciate!
We travel to the Caribbean with our children annually and have stayed at all-inclusive resorts, non-inclusive resorts, time-share properties and condos. All-inclusive resorts can be convenient when you have young children and can get a “kids stay & eat free deal”, but now that our children are older (7 and 13) we like the added space and convenience a condo, town-home or villa can offer. Plus many resorts charge adult rates for ages 12 and older and sometimes require that we pay for an extra room for our 13 year old and the days of “kids stay & eat free” are gone for us. Traveling is costly these days, especially with a family of four that has three avid SCUBA divers (and one future diver), so we spend a lot of time searching for travel destinations and lodging that offer rates that will fit within a reasonable budget.
There are a number of reasons why we absolutely loved our stay at Kas Bientu di Pasat/LBR 13.
· THE GRILL! Our biggest complaint with every other condo, time-share, etc. we have stayed at is that they don’t have a grill anywhere on the property. We’ve even looked into buying a travel grill, but today’s luggage weight and fees from the airlines made traveling with a portable grill impractical. It is so quick and easy to prepare a meal, with little clean-up, when you have a grill. Plus very little seasoning or added flavors are required, so we don’t have to stock the kitchen with lots of extras that we won’t be able to use or finish during our stay. I can’t say it enough; we LOVE LOVE LOVE that there is a grill.
· The full stove, oven and refrigerator are also a big plus. Many condos, non-inclusive resorts, and time-share properties have mini-refrigerators, two-burner stoves and no oven, which makes it difficult to stock-up with a week’s worth of groceries at once and prepare meals for a family of four. LBR 13 minimized my time spent in grocery store and kitchen, so I could maximize my time at the beach and in the ocean. THANK YOU! J
· The fully stocked kitchen with all the plates, cups, bowls, pots, pans and utensils we could possibly need and all easy to locate. Nothing was missing or hard to find in the kitchen or anywhere else in the house (towels, toiletries, linens, cleaners, etc.). If I needed it, it was there and it didn’t take me any time to find it.
· Free Wi-Fi is a really great perk. As much as we try to remove ourselves from “The Grid” when we travel, access to the Internet is still a luxury when traveling and it came in handy when we wanted to quickly look up contact information for local dive shops and tour groups on the island and correspond with them and you via email. Our kids were especially pleased to be able to access their online games while dinner was being prepared (on the awesome grill) and I enjoyed updating my Facebook status with pictures of Bonaire.
· HDMI port on the TV. This is a great thing to have! We brought a laptop and an HDMI cable with us and every night we viewed the video footage and photographs we had taken during the day while SCUBA diving, snorkeling, playing and sight-seeing on the living room TV. We we’re also able to relax and view movies from our personal library of movies on our hard drive or Netflix (also thanks to the Wi-Fi).
· The welcome basket/tray filled with fruit, peanut butter, bread, chips, etc. was greatly appreciated. We arrived on Bonaire after dark and after a full day of travel, time zone changes and no meals provided by the airline, we were HUNGRY. The grocery stores were closed and we didn’t know our way around town yet, especially for navigating at night. Seeing the welcome tray full of goodies was very refreshing. We had food to eat that night and in the morning, so we didn’t have to worry about rushing out to find food before enjoying our vacation.
· All the detailed information and reminders you provided. We went through all the binders, read all the notes, instructions and reminders posted on the walls, and read the notes, comments and advice left by previous guests in the guest book. We often referenced each one when needed and they all were very helpful. It was not information overload. It was like all of our questions were answered before we had them or when we needed them to be.
· The neighbors throughout the LBR complex were all friendly and very helpful. Having the next door neighbor check on us was nice. She was able to help us with little things that we didn’t want to bother you about; like setting the alarm. We read the instructions and followed them adamantly, but it was just something about having someone there to physically show us how it was done that made all the difference.
· Private bedrooms and restrooms upstairs and the half bath downstairs. Like I said, we travel as a family. Not being stuffed into one room with one bathroom for eight nights is blissful.
· The gated screened front door, back patio and windows are really nice to have. We noticed that other units in the complex didn’t have the screened in patio like yours, which made is even more thankful that we were staying in LBR#13. It allowed us to enjoy the ocean breeze and time out on the patio without the mosquitoes enjoying our blood quite as much. We did donate quite a bit of blood to the island mosquitoes while we were in Bonaire, but the screened windows, doors and patio prevented them from feasting on us while we were indoors. We anticipated the mosquitoes and brought a mild-moderate repellent with us, but the Bonaire mosquitoes love us too much to be completely deterred. Next time we will pack repellent with a much higher concentration of DEET.
· The hiccup with the AC in the guest bedroom did not upset us at all, because we were able to contact you and immediately resolve the problem and we all still had a cool and peaceful night of sleep. We understand that it is a new system and is designed to protect the environment and keep your utility costs down, which in turn keeps the lodging rates down so the LBR#13 fits within our budget. Despite the hiccup, we liked the AC units a lot. They cooled the rooms quickly in the evenings when we turned in for the night and kept the rooms pleasant throughout the night while we slept. The powerful and quiet features are really nice too; we used them often (especially the quiet). The automatic shut-down feature is very convenient (when working properly), because as hard as we try to remember to shut the doors or turn off the AC unit when leaving the room, there is always a good chance we may forget (children especially, but adults can be forgetful too).
· Outdoor rinse tank and indoor/outdoor clothes lines for drying clothing, swim suits and SCUBA gear. As I mentioned before we are a family of SCUBA divers. We travel with our own personal SCUBA gear, because we regard it as our life support system under the water. Therefore the performance, handling and maintenance of our equipment is incredibly important to us. We could not have asked for a better set up than what LBR #13 has to offer for cleaning, drying and storing our SCUBA equipment. LBR#13 really caters to SCUBA divers, beyond compare. Not only in regards to the equipment, but also the detailed information provided in the binders I mentioned above.
· The Proximity to the pool and beach are perfect. We spoke to other guests at LBR during our stay that “had to have a unit on the beach”. They spent a lot more money than we did to see the ocean in their underwear. The front and back yard of LBR #13 are beautiful and perfect for lounging and soaking up the warmth, sounds, scents and peacefulness the island has to offer. The distance we walk is no further, much closer in fact, than the distance we’ve walked from our room in a more costly resort (with an ocean view) to physically get onto the beach or poolside. We didn’t travel 2,300 miles to stand in front of a window in our underwear and stare at the ocean. We were there to get outside and explore, which is exactly what we did. The only thing we missed out on by not having a unit directly on the beach was paying a much higher premium and we’re glad we didn’t. …and we felt as though we were “on the beach”. It’s a heck of a lot closer to the beach than our home in Dallas, Texas.
· Personally, I’m a beach bunny that would prefer to wiggle my toes in the sand over lounging pool side, but my kids would want me tell you that the LOVED the slide at the pool. …and truthfully, I love that they loved it so much. We have a lot of great pictures and memories of them shooting off the slide and into the water.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on the island of Bonaire at Kas Bientu di Pasat/LBR 13. Kas Bientu di Pasat/LBR 13 truly felt like our home on Bonaire. The worst part of our trip was leaving; we all disparately wanted to stay. We all look forward to returning again someday and like Matt said, we would definitely stay at your place again if we return to Bonaire, as well as recommend you to anyone we know going to Bonaire. Thank you so much for everything!
Diving and car rental discounts for our guests.
Base price is up to two guests. Extra guests are $12 per person, per night, after two people. All prices include air conditioning, our private wi-fi internet, free local and US/Canada phone calls. Cleaning fee and Bonaire Tourist Tax of $5.50 per person, per night are not included. Online booking quote includes taxes but contact us for a detailed quote.
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 2 story
- 1450 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $18 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $75
- Tax Rate 11%
Our guests receive a 10% discount on diving and a 20% discount on car/truck rentals. Details and discount vouchers provided prior to your arrival.
Check-in is generally at 3 PM and checkout is at 11 AM. If there are no guests departing or arriving on the same day, we may be able to change these times for your convenience.
See rental agreement for details on cancellation policy.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Kitesurfing is up and coming nearby at the sourthern tip of Bonaire. Local Festivals and Crafts. Animal lovers should visit the nearby Donkey Sanctuary. Tour Washington Slagbaai National Park on the north end of Bonaire.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We've been coming Bonaire to escape the Boston winters. Stan dives and does a little windsurfing. Audrey snorkels and just retired so she can spend February on Bonaire.
Why the Owner Chose Belnem:
We first visited Bonaire almost 25 years ago, staying at the old Sunset Beach Hotel. We loved the place, the nicest people, the diving, everything about it. We gave thought to buying something but there really wasn't much for sale back then, and with a young daughter we decided that it just wouldn't work for us at the time. Fast forward 20 years. Our friends, Mike and Craig, retired and started spending good parts of the winter in Bonaire, leaving their wives home to work (their wives choice!) Mike was either windsurfing or waiting for the wind and Craig diving every day and sneaking in some windsurfing. They were renting at various places, including Lighthouse Beach. We started coming down with their wives, Shelley and Karen (respectively) to visit in February, first staying at Coco Palm Gardens and then with all of them when they bought their place at Kings Beach Resort. Always a wonderful time, Craig and I diving every day, the ladies on the beach at Lac Bay while Mike was windsurfing. Cocktail hour on the beach every night followed by a great dinner, the result of either group cooking at home or at one of the many great restaurants like Wil's, Mi Banana or the old Cactus Blue. This year, while Audrey was hanging out with Shelley and Karen and some of their friends, someone mentioned this really nice place for sale next door so Audrey said we should go see it. I had no interest in buying anything but went along with it because that's how you stay married for 40 years. :-) LBR #13 was just such a great place that we came away thinking that maybe this was the time to fulfill that 25 year old dream. So, we took the figurative 'giant stride' into the deep water and here we are the new owners of this beautiful home.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
We are sure that once you stay with us you will join the league of Triskadekaphiles* We want this to be the best value vacation rental on Bonaire. There will always be cheaper rooms in less desirable locations but we strive to make LBR #13 the best value. No 'nickle and dime' add-ons for air conditioning or internet. No having to go to the lobby to share the wi-fi. There is even a private local phone for making dive boat and dinner reservations or placing your BBQ order at Bobbejans. Our new US based phone lets you stay in touch with home for free. While Bonaire is a very safe place, the added security of steel bars and a private document safe can provide an extra measure of comfort in your home away from home. *Triskadekaphile - lover of #13
- Secondary: +1 781-784-1732
Links to more information:
Welcome to LBR #13! Our front yard with sitting and gear wash area.
Kitchen & dining area. Desk for your computer with high speed wireless internet
Our book and game 'library' in the front entryway
Air conditioned Guest bedroom with private bath and dressing area
Screened dining and reading patio. Enjoy the tropical breeze in comfort!
Even more comfortable with cushions!
Watch the sunset from the beach.
The resort pool, just a few steps from us but we're away from any pool noise
The tropical backyard entry from the pool & beach side
Outdoor freshwater shower for that after dive rinse.
Windsurfing at Lac Bay. This is Stan in 1990. It's a little more built up now!
Gear rinse sink and drying rack.
Closeup of the fully equipped kitchen - everything you need for home cooking.
Living room with entertainment center. Cable TV with DVD/CD player.
Air conditioned Master bedroom with private bath - queen bed and sitting area
Sunshine streaming into the guest bedroom
Backyard lounges (cushions not shown) Perfect for surface intervals or cocktails
Our full size backyard grill for easy vacation meals.
Lighthouse Beach Resort's private beach - just past the pool.
Another view of the pool
Everyone needs a clothesline for drying suits and laundry
The gear rinse tub and drying rack (on blue wall)
Google Earth view of Lighthouse Beach Resort with travel times
This listing was first published here in 2003.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 19, 2015
- Property typeTownhome
Get a rental quote, then book it!
- Response time Within 12 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/19/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.