Zebra Stripes and Cool Nights in a Lake Side Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Point Arena cottage description
Check our website for more lodging options!
Eco-friendly 2 bedroom cottages. Antique furnishings, reclaimed redwood floors, circa 1800 stained glass windows and doors. Large deck overlooking a small lake. Private hot tub. Fully equipped kitchen as well as flat screen TV with satellite and DVD. All of this with African antelope, giraffe and zebra right in your back yard.
*The cottage uses a solar heat and hot water system to help reduce the carbon footprint.
*Antique French parlor wood stove.
*Kitchen cabinets are re-made from old growth Douglas fir with stained glass windows. All doors are either burled pine or ash (c1890-1920).
*The Chapel windows are circa 1900 from a small beach-side church in Southern California. Beautiful examples of antique stained glass windows are used throughout the cottage.
* The leaded windows are from an Arts and Crafts bungalow in Chicago.
*The beautiful staircase is circa 1880 from the East Coast. The treads/risers are old growth oak pews reclaimed from a church in San Francisco.
*Downstairs flooring is old growth Redwood from an old barn. A combination of Oak and Douglas Fir is used upstairs.
*All of the lights are original from the Art Nouveau(1890-1914) and early Art Deco (1920) era. The ceiling fan is circa 1910 as well as the original push button abalone inlay light switches.
*Artwork on the stair wall is a small portion of the builder/owners 1960 psychedelic concert poster collection.
Keywords: Bridge and Chapel Cottage, B Bryan Preserve, Mendocino County, Northern California, Point Arena, Zebra
- 500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Wood Stove
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Whale Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Live Theater
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- The 'hippie hamlet' of Point Arena is located on historic Highway 1. A working pier at one end and a historic lighthouse at the other. Nice restaurants, casino, and small shops in the area. Coming into PA from the South your first stop should be Point Arena Tile where Matt makes wonderful affordable one of a kind tiles including for B Bryan Preserve. Next door is Lisa's Luscious Jams and Chutneys. At the Pier is the Pier Chowder House and Tap Room for a great lunch and dinner with a view or enjoy Pizza and Ice Cream downstairs at Pizza and Cream. D's on the Pier is a great shop to pick up a souvenir. Stop by Cove Coffee for information on fishing and surfing. Along Main Street are 2 small markets for stocking up on groceries or grabbing a sandwich. The historic Arena Theater is located on Main and show first run films as well as live events. Don't miss Franny's Cup and Saucer. Award winning savory and sweet treats! Everything Under The Sun, Arena Rock Cafe, Trimmers Pub and Outback garden are all located along main as well. The Sign of the Whale and 215 Main are the local watering holes. The Garcia River Casino is located off Riverside Drive and Windy Hollow. Offering slots, food and entertainment. Heading further north is Rollerville Cafe, a great spot for breakfast, Lunch and weekend dinners. That is also the landmark to turn for the Lighthouse. A lot to see and do in the village of Point Arena ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
May-Oct .. $225/night weekends, $200/night weekdays (2-night minimum) Nov-Apr .. $200/night weekends, $185/night weekdays (2-night minimum) $50 non refundable deposit. Complete charge on day of arrival. No refund if not canceled 21 days prior 1 night rental available for $300. Price does not include 11% tax Check our website for other lodging options.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Frank and Judy started the breeding and conservation of African antelope in MS in 1998. Moved to CA in 2005 and now have over 75 antelope, zebra and giraffe on the 110 acre B Bryan Preserve.
Why the Owner Chose Point Arena:
North Coast of California. What else is there to say?
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Feeding giraffe, walking, sound of Ocean waves and barking seals. Beautiful sunsets. Ducks on the pond. Hawks in the sky.
- Primary: (707) 882-2297
- Secondary: (707) 357-2044 (California, USA)
Eco-Friendly Lake Side Cottage at B Bryan Preserve
Feeding Giraffe acacia branches.
Kitchen with oven, stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and utensils
Private Hot Tub heated with solar
Den with flat screen satellite TV, DVD and antique French parlor stove
Loft bedroom with double bed and antique stained glass window. Bed c1880
Downstairs bedrooms have a pair of antique twin beds
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, July 14, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.