You Will Never Want to Leave
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-14 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Davis Woods condo description
Two Bedroom, Two Bath Second Floor End Unit. Very Clean, Quiet. Well-maintained, Fully Furnished.
- On floor 2
- 820 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Plenty of what you will need, but why cook when you're on vacation!?? Especially with so many great restaurants nearby. Have breakfast, then go out and play. Come home when your tired for a good rest....moreless
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room seats 5
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Live Theater
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- We are located off Davis Road, SW, behind Mac Gregor Blvd. It's a nice quiet unit near the pool and tennis court. Tanger Outlet Center is a very short walk from us. Miromar Outlets, the Disneyland of Outlet shops is located in nearby Estero (about 18 miles) and the new Gulf Coast Town Center which hosts many major retailers and a multiplex movie theater is about 15 miles away. Plenty of public golf courses in Fort Myers. The Sanibel Causeway and Fort Myers Beach areas are about equidistant from us. A tremendous amount of shopping awaits you in Fort Myers if you tire of the beaches and pool. I won't even mention the amount of 'dollar stores' and consignments shops that are in the immediate area. Sanibel/Captiva shelling and salt water fishing are world-famous. Excellent restaurants for all tastes and budgets are everywhere. Lots to do in the Fort Myers/Sanibel/ Captiva area if you're into nature. Lakes Park, Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, Tarpon Bay Preserve, Sanibel Shell Museum..then again, you could just sit and enjoy a cocktail or two on the lanai and watch the sun set. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
May 1 - Nov 30
14 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $90 Nightly; 15 nights or more: $86 Nightly
|December - April
Dec 1 - Apr 30
4 night min stay
Discounts: 55 nights or more: $70 Nightly
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $400
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Basic CATV: $40
- One Time Cleaning Fee: $85
- Taxes Included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Southwest Florida International Airport at 18.6 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Key West Express at 5.2 Miles
- Nearest Train: Murder Mystery Dinner Train/ Seminole Gulf Railway at 11.9 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate (I-75) @ Daniels Parkway at 15.2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel Island at 7.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Cracker Box at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Hunter Mountain Ski Resort, Hunter, NY!! at 1200 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Shell Pointe Golf Club at 1.4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Lighthouse Restaurant at 1.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1987
About the owner: In the summer of 1987 a friend and I went to visit his newly retired parents in someplace called Fort Myers, FL. His father had read that Fort Myers was one of the ten best places to retire a few years before. They had just purchased a unit in Davis Woods. I was up for a vacation, so I figured 'why not?' We arrived from New York in early July, so it was hot, very hot and humid. But I've got to tell you, within hours I had fallen in love with the whole area. I loved his unit, I loved Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, even Fort Myers Beach...which back then was more like a drag strip for teenagers to hang out and throw beer bottles at each other. Within four days I was looking at real estate. I found this unit and liked it immediately. At the time it was occupied by a full time tenant and her daughter. They had plans to eventually return to their home in the Midwest. I just didn't know when. Well within about two years they decided to move out. Upon their departure I went down with a friend and completely renovated the place. I began renting seasonally and found that I always had a place that I wanted to go for a vacation in the off-season. Since then there have been many, many upgrades to this unit, including a wife and some children. We all love going down to Fort Myers for the beaches, fishing, shopping, dining, you name it! We have twins (boy & girl) and for awhile they thought I owned the whole complex, since we'd go down in the off-season and see very few people. So naturally they thought it was all mine..I wish!
Why the Owner Chose Davis Woods:
We live in a northern suburb of New York City. I am a home improvement contractor. In addition to the beaches, fishing, etc. I also like to putter around the house and fix things. So inevitably while we are there on vacation a few times a year, I will visit one of my favorite stores: Home Depot and make some repairs or upgrades to the place. Last year I installed two new toilets and bath exhaust fans and a year prior we added a full size stack able washer/dryer. When we arrive I always do an inspection and see what if anything needs to be fixed or looks like it could use some TLC. Strangely, my kids like going to Home Depot as much as I do so we are sure to make that one of our vacation stops.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
In the afternoon, there is no greater pleasure than to sit out on the lanai with my feet up, watching the giant American Flag over Tanger Outlet Shops sway in the balmy Gulf Breezes with a nice refreshing cocktail in hand and just watch the sun go down. And if that does not work for you, our snowbirds have their own Happy Hour down at the pool in the afternoon.
- Primary: + 914 592 6484
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
...just a short walk to the pool.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, July 03, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.