"We were 3 couples who stayed here for 6 nights. First things first, the pictures do not do this place justice. The kitchen is updated, light and bright, the living room/dining room is a great open concept and each bedroom is peaceful and private. But the star here is the pool. This is, by far, the largest pool we've seen in a home. The pool and the pool surrounding were perfect for relaxing, reading a book and enjoying some R&R. The home is beautiful.
The bedrooms were great. Very large, very private. Each (except the bunk bed room) had a door onto the large, wrap-around deck. The bathrooms were perfect (2 full and one 1/2 bath). In the photos, the kitchen appears dark and out dated, but we were pleasantly surprised to find it to a a large, updated kitchen. Perfect for cooking and chatting with those in the living room/dining room. We loved the kitchen table. It's a large wooden table. It speaks of family dinners.
The location is great, however, it is up a VERY STEEP and WINDING road. Best to arrive during the day.
The only downside is the wifi. They have wifi, but it doesn't work well (which I did not mind). If you absolutely need it, you might want to inquire first about how well it is working.
I would recommend this house to anyone. I have a few minor suggestions for the owners (non of which should deter you from renting this house!):
1. New bed linens. The bed skirt in the master had holes in it and the bed spreads in the twin bedroom had holes in it.
2. New mattresses for the twin bedrooms.
3. New couches. The living room is so perfect for relaxing, chatting, playing a game, however, the couches were well worn. They had holes in them, stuffing coming out, the padding in the cushions were gone. PLEASE new couches.
4. A deep clean. The property is clean, don't get me wrong, however, I think their cleaning crew needs to put a bit more elbow grease in. We lifted up a couch and were shocked at how much dust and stuff was under it. It wasn't from just a weeks worth, this was months worth building up.
5. New area rugs. We dropped a binky on a rug and picked it up and it was covered in hair and crumbs. Again, the cleaning crew needs to work a bit harder."
Date of Stay: September 2014
Review Submitted: November 16, 2014