La Petite Grange is a welcoming two bedroomed converted barn ideal for two couples or a family. It has a large terrace and barbecue to fully enjoy the mild Spring and Summer nights and the wonderful colours of Autumn, shaded by an awning and a beautiful fig tree.
The ground floor is open plan with a custom built vaulted kitchen, stairs to upstairs and a further vaulted lounge/dining area. The downstairs bedroom is very large and has a double bed which converts into two single beds and an en-suite shower room. There is a door to a small gravelled garden with table and chairs. The upstairs bedroom is spacious and houses a double bed with a shower, wash basin and WC en-suite. There is a child gate at the top of the staircase. Both bedrooms have plenty of space for a baby's cot. La Petite Grange has 1 metre thick walls and so is very temperature neutral throughout the year.
We also let La Magnanerie (Property number 1074115) which is an adjoining gite with two bedrooms for 4 people, so if you wish to come as a group, both properties can be let at the same time, subject to availability.
In addition to the terrace, there is a shared grassy garden area with sun loungers, benches and a parasol.
• La Petite Grange is situated almost half way between Lablachère and Joyeuse in the South of the Ardèche.
• Lablachère has three boulangeries, two bars/cafés, a hotel, an award winning charcuterie/boucherie, an épicerie, a takeaway pizzeria, a greengrocers and our local cave which sells award winning wines. Markets are held every Sunday.
• Joyeuse is an ancient small market town with an old town containing craft shops, restaurants, Musée de la Chataignerie and House of Caricatures. Markets are held every Wednesday and craft markets on Sunday evenings in the summer.
• The Ardèche is an unspoilt area with stupendous mountains and gorges and views to die for!
• Close to some of the “most beautiful villages of France” including Balazuc, Naves, Thines and Vogue.
• Superb base for exploring the Cevennes Mountains and National Park, the Camargue, the Mediterranean coast, Provence and the Alps.
• Close to La Caverne du Pont D'Arc Ardèche -a UNESCO heritage site
• Stunning underground caves at the Aven D'Orgnac and the Grotte de la Cocalière
Local outdoor activities – canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, bouldering, walking, cycling, mountain biking, canyoning, caving, paragliding, swimming, horse riding, tennis, boules, high wires, golf, skiing and bird-watching.
• Bois de Paiolive, amazing primeval forest of white oaks and petrified rocks with labyrinth walks
• Gastronomy, fine wines and local produce, regular markets and wine tastings.
• Carrefour supermarket in Joyeuse. Netto supermarket at Lablachère. Intermarché and Lidl supermarkets at Rosières. Super-U Hypermarket at Ruoms and Les Vans and LeClerc at La Chapelle sous Aubenas
• Aubenas is our nearest large town with an abundance of individual shops and a beautiful chateau which is open to visitors.