La Petite Grange - Converted Vaulted Barn in the Ardèche (Rhône-Alpes)(26 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Barn
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Vaulted living/dining area and kitchen with 2 en-suite bedrooms. Sleeps 4
The ground floor is open plan with a custom built vaulted kitchen, stairs to upstairs and a further vaulted lounge/dining area. The downstairs bedroom is very large and has a double bed which converts into two single beds and an en-suite shower room. There is a door to a small gravelled garden with table and chairs. The upstairs bedroom is spacious and houses a double bed with a shower, wash basin and WC en-suite. There is a child gate at the top of the staircase. Both bedrooms have plenty of space for a baby's cot. La Petite Grange has 1 metre thick walls and so is very temperature neutral throughout the year.
We also let La Magnanerie (Property number 1074115) which is an adjoining gite with two bedrooms for 4 people, so if you wish to come as a group, both properties can be let at the same time, subject to availability.
• La Petite Grange is situated almost half way between Lablachère and Joyeuse in the South of the Ardèche.
• Lablachère has three boulangeries, two bars/cafés, a hotel, an award winning charcuterie/boucherie, an épicerie, a takeaway pizzeria, a greengrocers and our local cave which sells award winning wines. Markets are held every Sunday.
• Joyeuse is an ancient small market town with an old town containing craft shops, restaurants, Musée de la Chataignerie and House of Caricatures. Markets are held every Wednesday and craft markets on Sunday evenings in the summer.
• The Ardèche is an unspoilt area with stupendous mountains and gorges and views to die for!
• Close to some of the “most beautiful villages of France” including Balazuc, Naves, Thines and Vogue.
• Superb base for exploring the Cevennes Mountains and National Park, the Camargue, the Mediterranean coast, Provence and the Alps.
• Close to La Caverne du Pont D'Arc Ardèche -a UNESCO heritage site
• Stunning underground caves at the Aven D'Orgnac and the Grotte de la Cocalière
Local outdoor activities – canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, bouldering, walking, cycling, mountain biking, canyoning, caving, paragliding, swimming, horse riding, tennis, boules, high wires, golf, skiing and bird-watching.
• Bois de Paiolive, amazing primeval forest of white oaks and petrified rocks with labyrinth walks
• Gastronomy, fine wines and local produce, regular markets and wine tastings.
• Carrefour supermarket in Joyeuse. Netto supermarket at Lablachère. Intermarché and Lidl supermarkets at Rosières. Super-U Hypermarket at Ruoms and Les Vans and LeClerc at La Chapelle sous Aubenas
• Aubenas is our nearest large town with an abundance of individual shops and a beautiful chateau which is open to visitors.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 85 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
There is a child gate at the top of the stairs. A travel cot with bedding for a child up to 3 years and a highchair are available subject to availability on booking at a weekly price of 10 euros each....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Downstairs bedroom - Large double bed which separates into two single beds, bedside tables, lamps, chest of drawers, hanging hooks, dressing table with mirror and handbasin, and chair. Upstairs bedroom - Double bed, bedside table, lamps, chest of drawers, hanging space and large wardrobe/chest. Each bed is made up for your arrival with pillows and duvet (bed linen is included in the price) and if you are staying for a fortnight, fresh bed linen and towels are provided weekly. A cot for a baby or child up to 3 years with bedding can be made available to you, subject to availability and notice, for an additional small charge....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- If you would like us to arrange flowers, wine, champagne or chocolates for you for your arrival, let us know and we can arrange this for you at a pre agreed price. We are happy to reserve taxis and restaurants for you if you cannot speak French. The television is set up for British TV stations only, not French. In addition to the terrace, there is use of a shared garden area which is partly shaded during most of the day. The downstairs bedroom can have independent access and has a pretty gravelled area with a table and chairs....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Music Library:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Activities Guide
- Broadband Access
- Hair Dryer
- ISDN Access
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 7 - Apr 7, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 8 - Apr 21, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 22 - May 26, 2017
3 night min stay
May 27 - Sep 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 30 - Nov 3, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 4 - Dec 22, 2017
3 night min stay
Christmas and New Year
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $106.79
- No additional mandatory fees
- VAT Tax Rate 10%
- Stay Tax *
* This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 18 years.
A cleaning + damage deposit of 100 euros per week rental is required, refundable within 14 days of the end of the letting, subject to inspection.
Please note our cancellation policy as set out in our rental contract.
We accept Cheque-Vacances.
We also rent out the adjoining property, La Magnanerie, a two bedroomed property sleeping 4 which can be let at the same time, subject to availability.
Please note that our minimum let in July and August is one week.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
• La Petite Grange is a restored vaulted stone barn situated halfway between Lablachère and Joyeuse in the South of the Ardèche which comprises living/dining area, kitchen, large downstairs double bedroom en-suite bathroom with shower and upstairs double bedroom en-suite bathroom with shower and a large shaded terrace.
• Ideal for two couples or a family – suitable for 4 people, two double beds, one of which can convert into two separate beds .
• Near to the stunning Ardèche Gorge, Ardèche and Chazzezac rivers - a mecca for canoeing and kayaking - and the Cevennes National Park.
• Close to Les Vans, Balazuc, Ruoms, Aubenas, Vogue and Vallon Pont D’Arc. La Caverne du Pont D'Arc, Ardeche (formerly known as La Grotte Chauvet)
• Within striking distance of Montélimar, Orange, Avignon, Nîmes, Arles, Uzès, Montpellier, Grenoble, Lyon, the Camargue, the Mediterranean coast, Provence and the Alps.
• Available local activities include – canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, bouldering, walking, cycling, mountain biking, canyoning, caving, paragliding, swimming, horse riding, tennis, boules, high wires, golf, skiing and bird-watching.
• Regular markets selling Ardechoise produce, craft markets, gastronomy, wine tasting, fabulous restaurants, cafés and bars.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Until 2009, my husband Alan was an architect in Cumbria. We had already bought La Petite Grange as a potential holiday home and had started to do it up, but that was too much of a long term project so Alan decided to take the plunge and get his hands dirty so moved to France with a view to setting up our gite business. His first job was to completely renovate La Petite Grange (whilst living in with all the mess) and then to do the same with the adjoining property, La Magnanerie.
Why the Owner Chose Lablachère, France:
When we first saw the property, we fell in love with it and its views across the valley of the hills and forests, together with the stunning view of the Tanargue mountains beyond.
The Unique Benefits at this Barn:
La Petite Grange has a lovely atmosphere with the vaulting and the really thick walls which makes it a haven when the summer sun gets too hot (which can be the case in July and August). The terrace has wonderful views over the hills beyond and the shade of the fig tree which we had initially cut down to ground level but which had no intention of giving up and is now considerably bigger than when we started.
- Primary: +44 7775537632 Leave message if no reply- we will ring you back
Links to more information:
La Petite Grange
Open plan kitchen and living room
Downstairs bedroom from kitchen end
Downstairs bedroom from door to garden
Upstairs en-suite shower room
Outside La Petite Grange
Garden area shared with visitors to La Magnanerie
Open plan living and dining area
Dining area with desk
Staircase to first floor
Downstairs bedroom en-suite shower room
Upstairs bedroom looking towards staircase and bathroom
La Petite Grange terrace with table, chairs and barbecue
Gravelled area outside downstairs bedroom
The Chazzezac Gorge near Les Vans
Pont D'Arc at Vallon Pont D'Arc
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.