About the property
- House8500 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
9 Bdrm Ultimate Luxury Estate On Sunday River Golf Course, VIP slopeside parking
New availability week of July 7, 2018!
Luxury Estate w/ Cinema, Pool, Arcade, Sauna, Spa,, 3 kitchens, 4 bars, Huge rec room with basketball, ping pong, Pinball, air hockey, shuffleboard, sauna, Billiards Room, 2 hot tubs, 2 steam rooms, Trolley service, 9 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, Sleeps 26.
Email us for more detailed information on this spectacular home and an accurate quote. The Quotable Rates Button cannot include any applicable discounts such as rent 4 nights, get the 5th free, or rent 5 nights get the 6th and 7th free!. cell ph 207 .357 .5639 Visit our personal website for a virtual tour, floor plans with bedding layout, etc.
The Glen House is a luxury home, spa and entertainment destination wrapped into one magnificent, grand vacation rental estate. It's ideal for extended family vacations, reunions, special occasions, holidays, and retreats. Located on the Sunday River Golf Club Course (ranked among the top ten new courses in the world by Golf Digest) in Newry (Bethel) in the Sunday River Valley. Named #9 of the 101 Top Outdoor Towns in a new book, it's easy to see why.
A few of the FEATURES of this magnificent home include:
· 9 large beautiful bedrooms
· 8 custom spa bathrooms, an outdoor shower and 2 Jacuzzi soaking tubs
· Sleeps 26 in private luxury
· 3 Gourmet KITCHENS (the huge main kitchen even has 2 dishwashers, a 5’ Viking stove, built in coffee center, a wine fridge & 14' bar), then there is another fantastic kitchen on the 1st floor and an outdoor kitchen by the pool (and another grill on the deck)
· Dining room seating for 26+
· 20 seat authentic MOVIE THEATER with 119” HD screen, Theater POPCORN Machine, reclining leather theater chairs with cup holders, all Directv premium channels and sports pack, Hundreds of Movies including the newest releases
· GAME ROOM professional grade 8’ POOL TABLE and mahogany FOOSBALL table, Wii, PLAYSTATION, board games, novelty bar games, outdoor BASKETBALL, semi-professional VOLLEYBALL court
· ENTERTAINMENT PAVILLION – 3 car garage converted into a modern barn filled with rustic elegance and fun! This unheated space includes a full size Jurrasic Park PIN BALL machine, SHUFFLEBOARD, cocktail table ARCADE with 50 video games like pacman, etc., MINI GOLF, PING PONG table, indoor competition BASKETBALL, fair-type BOUNCY HOUSE and a garage full of games, bikes, snow shoes, sleds, toys, crocket, etc.
· WHOLE HOUSE AUDIO system. Tune into XM Radio or connect your device to one of the docking stations and listen to it anywhere in the house, by the pool, in the steamrooms or wherever just using the volume control mounted on the walls in each room
· WIFI high speed internet is provided throughout the house, decks and pool areas.
· OFFICE area includes a touch screen computer, printer and fax.
· There are 2 beautiful STEAM ROOMS with custom murals, rain shower, body sprays, massage showers for the ultimate spa experience!
· 4 person infrared SAUNA
· 2 HOT TUBS. One overflows into the pool (seasonal) and the other is perched on the 2nd floor of the turret. Watch the game on the TV while relaxing in the hot tub overlooking the world. What could be better?
· SPORTS BAR with a copper sink, ice maker, beer fridge, HD TV and surround sound. There are 3 other BAR areas as well!
· Piano, Chess nook, poker table
· Screen porch overlooking the pool, playground and golf course – perfect for evening cocktails or a cool lunch
· An outdoor gas FIRE PIT on the main deck to warm up to on a cool winters night with some drinks and good company
· A towering stone gas FIREPLACE in the greatroom, with a built-in HD TV over the custom hearth.
· The most incredible PLAYGROUND you have ever seen, designed by DANIEL WOODLANDS! It is a hollowed out fallen redwood tree you climb up through to get to the crazy tree house on top. Off that are the slide, monkey bars, swings, trapeze, spring horse (large enough for adults to enjoy), etc. all in the middle of a giant sandbox, complete with beach toys!
· A 20’x40’ custom HEATED POOL with an overflowing hot tub SPA. Every corner of the pool has built in benches with jets and the parents will love wading on the large roman steps. Open mid/late April to mid/late October.
· Free access to the country club's year-round heated Pool, ice skating, LAKE HOUSE, KAYAKS, CANOE'S, discount golf, cross-country skiing, GYM, etc.
· Call the Sunday River TROLLEY to pick you up at the house, or use the house VIP PARKING PASSES for front row parking at South Ridge base lodge
· Discount lift tickets
· Discount Golf greens fees
· In-house MASSAGE services – let one of our recommended masseuses treat you to a total message with relaxing music and aromatherapy without having to leave the pleasures of the house!
· Optional daily HOUSEKEEPING
· Optional Personal CHEF
· STOCKED PANTRY (let us do your shopping for you – free of charge!)
· CONCIERGE hospitality
· BABY and toddler supplies – Don’t bother packing all those toys, bedding and extra necessities for the little ones. We’ve got it all! Even recommended babysitters!
· Central Air Conditioning throughout the house
· 2 sets of washer/dryers
· Premium linens and bedding
· PET Friendly- for most breeds of adult dogs with additional pet fee. Use the hot outdoor shower to give them a dog bath after hiking the waterfalls!
· Every wall and floor is soundproofed to allow mid-day naps and comfortable solitude among a house full of family and children.
· The 3 acre property is incredible, privately situation along the entire length of the first hole, close to the clubhouse (walk for lunch or your tee time), a babbling brook with mini-waterfalls right through the yard and the most stunning views to be had of the Jordan ski slopes and moreover the Mahoosuc Mountain Range and Old Spec.
· Every other amenity, extra, supply or whatever you might dream of. And if we don’t have it – we’ll do our best to get it!
· Multiple living and playing areas including a chess loft, game room/bar, 2 greatrooms, porches, decks, theater, reading nooks, 2 dining rooms, 2 steam rooms, eat in screen porch, 3 kitchens, entertainment pavillion and reading nooks, allowing you to all sit together and watch a movie or catch up with good company on old times, or retreat to your own private space for some quiet relaxation.
· The house itself is an artistic masterpiece, built by the finest craftsmen, cabinet makers and artisans out of exotics woods such as curly and tiger maples, sassafras, marabou, cherry, etc. You’ll find custom mosaics, hand crafted wrought iron entry door, etched glass theater door, hand carved trim work and other incredible detail throughout. It has been professionally furnished with a gorgeous mixture of fine antiques and hand crafted rustic motif furniture. There is nothing less than premium quality in this home from the décor to the Bosch and Viking appliances to the Harmon Kardon and Sony electronics
• Keywords: Vacation Home, ski, golf, pool, spa, hot tub, Sunday River, Glen House, skiesta, the heights, Luxury Private Estate w/ Movie Theater, Pool, Arcade, Sauna, Billiards, Golf Ski
Luxury Private Estate w/ Movie Theater, Pool, Arcade, Sauna, Billiards, Golf Ski
Gretchen Anderson, owner
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 25, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
A true vacation home
Gretchen has thought of everything to make the Glen House the perfect location for a great vacation. We had 4 families, some skiers, some dog sledders, some hanger-outers. Glen House accommodated all of us. There was plenty of room to be alone and do your own thing, yet the kitchen and dining room were large enough for us to have group breakfasts and dinners. Our teens even got in a good game of hide and seek. It was awesome! Would highly recommend for all seasons.
Gorgeous, luxurious, clean, comfortable
I traveled with 15 coworkers to stay at Glen House for a laboratory retreat. This was our second year in a row having our retreat at Glen House since we loved it so much the first time. It is very comfortable, with all of the amenities a group could possibly want. Gretchen was flexible with our requests and did everything to make our time there as enjoyable as possible. I would highly recommend this house!
World Class Home
Being from Ireland, we love to travel and visit new places. We have stayed in all kinds of wonderful homes and boutique accommodations over the years. The Glen House is our new favorite! It was large enough to comfortably accommodate our diverse stateside family, while still giving everyone plenty of space and entertainment options. We had a grand time skiing and enjoying the town, but there was so much to do right at the house, that it was often difficult to leave. The game room was a delight for all ages (the little ones were pretty amazed at grandpa's basketball skills!). Many hours were spent in there with the foosball, table tennis, shuffleboard, arcade, etc. The hot tub and sauna were also much enjoyed, especially by me! I believe there was always popcorn a movie showing in the theater (which was simply WOW!). The owner, Gretchen, was a super helpful host from start to finish with the planning process, which isn't always easy with such a large family. She recommended activities (there are lots of options such as shows and outdoor recreation) and the in house masseuse (fabulous), had the house stocked with food and drinks for our arrival, and kept in touch with us via text message throughout our stay to ensure things went well. The one time we called with a question, she answered immediately. The house is incredibly well stocked and the kitchen is a chef's dream. They have really thought of everything! We used the sleds and snowshoes and roasted marshmallows over the fire on the deck (what a view!). Simply put, the Glen House is a superb, world class venue that we can't wait to visit again!
Perfect for our companies Winter outing!
The Glen House was perfect for our companies Winter outing. It easily accommodated 16 people, with plenty of room left over. The bedrooms were comfortable and most have en-suite which is ideal.
The house is very close to Sunday River, a good spa, and plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. We spent all our evenings in the house as there is so much to keep people of all ages occupied. On the Saturday night we had a fantastic dinner cooked in the house by edesia private chef service. We also used the pool table, hot tub and cinema room which led to a night of fun with the karaoke system. Aside from all the things you could do, just relaxing with a coffee and enjoying the great views over the golf course and surrounding mountains was a good way to spend some time.
The management of this property is top notch. Planning the trip was made very easy by the amount of information provided by the owners, and they were very responsive whenever I reached out with any questions. This is a very impressive property and the reactions of everyone as they arrived confirmed we had made the right choice. We would definitely come back to the Glen House, and also recommend it to anyone looking for a great place for a getaway.
10 years and counting!
I want to thank Gretchen and Chris for allowing the ladies of Bentley University Coming Full Circle group to use the Glen House. We have had our leadership retreat there for 10 years and have had a wonderful time each year. The retreat is special to CFC and it allows us to get away from the campus and just relax. The space allows great conversation to take place.
We have found it a source of healing for many of the ladies that have attended the retreat. Over the years, many women who have attended the retreat have come back raving about the house and the property it is on. The house is spacious and beautiful. There is not a bad view from any location. The space is great for working in teams. It is easy to move around by using all three levels of the house. Having two incredible kitchens make it easy to prepare meals as a team and have wonderful sessions. These sessions have allowed the ladies to grow and become some of our campus’ great leaders.
We cannot thank you enough for allowing us to spend time in this beautiful space. The bathrooms, sauna, showers and bathtubs are always a source of enjoyment for the ladies after living in a dorm. They also enjoy the movie room and have had some great conversation, while enjoy that space. Our gamers in enjoy pool table and other board games the house has available. Having time away from technology is important and the comforts of the house makes it easy to leave technology at home for a weekend.
Thank you again for allowing us this time away from campus and to have our annual retreat. We hope that we will be welcomed back next year, where another group of women will be allowed the opportunity to experience what we have. The house is like magic to a broken spirit.
Thanks you both again for the many years of hosting our group!
Our Family Reunion 2017
We just celebrated our 62nd wedding anniversary, so we wanted a family reunion. The Glen was perfect in every respect for ages 3 to 85! The Glen is beautiful, functional and well furnished! I don't remember a person saying- "I wish we had???" The only negative words I heard was on Saturday morning- "Do we have to leave today!!"
One of our family members came from RI on Saturday and left on Tuesday because of work. On Wednesday afternoon she said, what am I doing in RI, and drove back to the Glen for the rest of the week.
I think that says it all!
Located in the Mountains of Western Maine in Newry at the Sunday River Resort, the house is in the perfect location for your large winter ski retreat or summer family reunion. In the winter, the Sunday River trolley will pick you up right at the driveway and take you to some of the best skiing in the East. Or just sled, cross country ski or snow shoe right out your front door! Within an hour you can explore 5 other great ski resorts as well! In the summer, fully enjoy the large heated pool, the Sunday River Golf club, white water rafting, canoeing and a host of outdoor activities. In fact, Bethel was just named # 9 of the top 101 Best Outdoor Towns in the country. Golf: Commanding the most outstanding views the course offers, the 3-acre Estate is perfectly and privately situated along the entire 1st hole of the new Robert Trent Jones Sunday River Golf Club course, where you will share our membership privileges, with discounted green fees. Travel & Leisure Golf named Sunday River Golf Club as one of the Top Ten Best New Courses of 2005, Golf Week named it the #1 course in Maine and it was one of only 8 courses worldwide to make the list in The Robb Report's annual 'Best of the Best' issue published for 2006-- and all less than a year after opening! Nearby you will also enjoy the Bethel Inn and Country Club Championship Golf Course, the Sugar-loaf course and loads more. Ski: Out front door at the Glen house you will find yourself in your own private winter playground. The best sledding anywhere awaits you on the hilly golf course property that is now your private front yard. Enjoy snow shoeing or create your own cross country ski tracks with the Jordan slopes and White Cap mountain as your back drop. When you are ready to hit the slopes, the Sunday River Trolley Will Pick You Up Right At The End Of The Driveway! At the end of the day, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate gathered with the children around the gas fire pit on the deck, cheer on your favorite football team from the hot tub with a beer from the bar, or curl up on the couch with a blanket, glass of wine, good friends' conversation and a roaring fire. Named “the greatest ski town in the universe” by Ski Magazine, the Bethel area offers skiing and snowboarding at Sunday River Ski Resort, Mt. Abram Family Resort, and Black Mountain of Maine.
Additional information about rental rates
Rent 4 nights, get the 5th free! Rent 5 nights, get 2 free! If you stay over a weekend, we have a 3-night minimum, at weekend rates. Pool is open late April through mid-October. Pool heat is optional at $500/stay Thanksgiving at mid-winter rates $100 pet fee for pre-approved dogs (most breeds of adult dogs welcome. No cats) $500 optional fuel fee for pool heat in spring and fall. Pool heat included in mid-summer rates THE BOOK IT NOW FEATURE MAY NOT CALCULATE APPLICABLE DISCOUNTS! CONTACT ME DIRECTLY FIRST!