3 large bedrooms --each with ocean views of our waterfront property and gardens
Master bedroom has en suite and fireplace. All bedrooms are very large with beautiful views to the ocean and access to the gardens and patios. Our home is ideal for two or three couples sharing. Each bedroom is comfortable, bright, and unusually roomy.
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - children must be supervised due to stairs and poolchildren must be supervised due to stairs and pool
Max guests: 6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 25 - principal person booking much be at least 25 yearsprincipal person booking much be at least 25 years
- Additional overnight guests more than the original booking are not allowed. No more than six guests are allowed.
- We do not ask for a damage deposit because of the care and respect given to our home from past guests. We ask the same from new guests. Thanks!
- To protect other owners and guests, excessive noise or behavior that requires security to intervene will end the rental.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Cleaned with disinfectant
Denis & Carolyn McDonald
- english, spanish
About Denis & Carolyn McDonald
Carolyn and Denis are recently retired teachers who have lived and worked in Canada, England, Australia and Jamaica. Carolyn is a professional artist who has regular showings. Denis enjoys workworking and tries not to destroy the flowers in the garden with his weedwacker.
Denis & Carolyn McDonald purchased this House in 2000
Why Denis & Carolyn McDonald chose Cowichan Bay
We saw this home style in Australia and brought the plans back to Canada and then were very fortunate to find a property that had everything we wanted: wonderful views, quiet, yet close to shops, great neighbours, and waterfront. Every day we feel fortunate to live here--and love to share the house when we are on our frequent travels.
What makes this House unique
We were able to add design details to the house like heated ceramic floors, sixty-five foot deck facing the ocean, granite countertops, and an artist's loft. If you like art, you will enjoy the many pieces throughout the house. We also have a good collection of books and music.