Leave your car and your cares on the mainland because Little Gasparilla is a bridgeless barrier island accessible only by water taxi or private boat.
This cozy and welcoming cottage is clean and comfortable and perfectly equipped for a beach getaway! The cottage is fully stocked with beach towels, all kitchen utensils, pots and pans and dishware and the porch has tables for outdoor dining and offers two comfy hammocks and two hammock chairs for carefree relaxing!
The master bedroom has a comfortable king size bed and the second bedroom has a comfortable queen. A newly remodeled bathroom has a shower and tub. The kitchen is fully stocked with all utensils and all pots and pans for everything from a simple meal to a beach feast. The home has a new grill on the spacious outdoor porch. There are two porches....a screened porch for warm summer evenings and an open air porch for outdoor dining, sun bathing and relaxing in the hammocks.
The bay is just a short stroll in one direction and the beach is a short walk in the other home is perfectly situated to be close to both. You can easily walk to the bay to fish off the dock in the morning and walk to beach in the afternoon for snorkeling, sun bathing or riding a raft. You have access to a complimentary boat slip as long as your boat does not exceed 21 ft. And, the house comes with two paddle boards if you would like to try stand up paddle boarding. It is a great way to explore the bay or the sand bar!
This home also provides a $100 golf cart voucher toward the rental of a golf cart from LGI Carts to explore the island during your stay (valid for stays of a week or more only). You use this certificate just like cash and the renter is still responsible for any additional rental fees, security deposit and any damage fees. The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash should the guest elect not to rent a golf cart or if LGI carts has no availability. Please make golf cart reservations early!
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the house or the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock. Normal ferry hours are approximately 8-5 every day.
• All homes come with a grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack BUT you have to purchase data AND YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. You can either bring a Verizon card with you OR we can sell you one when we bring over the jetpack. You can buy as much data as you need, but it IS we urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. and most people use about 2G of data per week which is $35. 5G is $60 and 10G is $100. (It is sort of like a cruise where you have to pay for the minutes you are on-line.) You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. If you bring a Verizon card with you, we can show you how to add the data. Or, we can pre-add data prior to your arrival but you have to let us know how much you think you will need. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland, and anything that uses up a lot of data will increase your costs. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.