500 sq. ft. apartment overlooking a natural creek and waterfall
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children not allowed
Max guests: 3
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- - This is a no smoking home - We prefer you take off your shoes when in the house. Slippers can be provided. - We are requesting 2 day minimum
- - Hot tub not to be used after 11 pm - Please provide your own washcloth for make-up removal
- - We request you bring your own floatation devices and water shoes for the creek - Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a liability waiver
About Danny Estin
We first moved to Nevada County in 1975 to open a group home for delinquent children. We are former educators who have recently retired from our 15 year teaching jobs at the International School of Bangkok. Although we have owned this 30 acre property for nearly 30 years, we only recently have built our home here. Joanie and Danny are high school sweethearts who have been together for 52 years. Our 34 year daughter lives in Seville, Spain and our 32 year old son resides in Bangkok, Thailand. They say our exposing them to the overseas' life has turned them into international citizens.
Danny Estin purchased this House in 1989
Why Danny Estin chose Penn Valley
For the 30 years of owning this property we knew that we would eventually build a home here. This was the plan even during our 15 years teaching in Thailand. Every summer we would come back to our home across the highway from this property, but open a lot of time at the creek. We put in a well, road and built a deck near the water decades before ever moving here.
What makes this House unique
Clearly, the most compelling feature of this home is the location, location, location. Although we are 5 minutes by car from the super market, within 5 miles of 14 eating establishments and 15 minutes from Grass Valley, once on our 30 acre property, you get the sense of calm that comes from the sight and sounds you experience from the creek and waterfall's natural tones. Going to sleep with the windows open feel and sound like you are at the ocean listening to lapping waves. Along this same nature describing thought, many of our guests spend a good part of the day going down to our year round creek complete with beaches, swimming hole, sun deck, trails and hammocks.