The cabin is located on Lower Long Lake near the town of New Auburn, WI just 45 minutes north of Eau Claire, WI and 2 hours from the Twin Cities. The lake is fully recreational with 1100 acres to enjoy swimming, skiing, snowmobiling and some good fishing right off our dock too. The cabin has a full kitchen, three full bedrooms £ bathroom. Book your summer vacation, fishing trip, snowmobile get away, or girls weekend in this up north retreat.
Other than the beautiful cabin and the lake access, the near-by town of Chetek offers plenty of fun activities for families, couples, and individuals. Fish, kayak, and have a fire in the fire pit and roast hot dogs and make s'mores, sit on the dock and enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sun set over the lake. Take a twenty minute drive and head into Chetek to enjoy restaurants, bars, coffee shop, boutique shopping, library, and grocery store. There will be information available at the cabin detailing local restaurants, bars, and other points of interest...Maybe a tour of the Leinie's Brewery.
Our home is your home!
Other things to note
Below are some of house rules for your stay.
1. No loud parties and keep music at a respecful level
2. There are two public access docks where you can put a boat in. Kayak with life jackets are available for guest use. Please wear your life jacket!
3. Please stow lily pad every evening.
4. Bag all garbage and place in the storage room . Please separate recycling (this can be co-mingled glass, plastic, cardboard, etc). Do not leave garbage outside as it can attract bears/wolves.
5. Please do not set the air conditioning or heat lower/higher than 72.
6. No smoking.
7. Bring your own firewood. Gas stations in the area typically have bundles of wood for sale. Feel free to use any downed branches on the property for a fire however.
8. If you will be boating for fishing, water skiing, etc please obtain a copy of a map of the lake so you can avoid unexpected shallow water or rocky areas.
9. No fireworks!
~A guest book with house rules will be available at the cabin with more details about the property, as well as check out procedures.
Fishing dock, adult kayak, fire pit with chairs, water raft in the lake. We also have a gas grill and grilling utensils for your use. If you run out of propane, it is available at the Corner Store (BP at Hwy 40 and M); however, we will always try to have an extra tank.
There is a dock and a place for your boat to park, the water is clean and great for swimming. Jump off the dock and enjoy the water!