East Beach is Drop Dead Gorgeous!(11 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Three bedrooms, 1 & 1/2 baths, close to everything, the pond, ocean, everything.
South County has a full schedule of summer and fall activities for both adults and children. There is something always to do. Block Island and Newport are huge draws for day trips. There are many golf courses only minutes from the cottage as well as public tennis courts.
This cottage is always fully rented for the season because it has excellent value, comfort, and in the heart of South County. This is your one stop location for summer fun.
Just a few rules: We are not rule people and at the same time want to preserve the house for all that will enjoy it for the entire rental season. This is a great deal for those people that can agree to:
1. No events, gatherings or get togethers.
2. No pets anywhere on the property, this would include visitors pets, no matter how brief the visit.
3. This is a no smoking property, no smoking is permitted on any part of the property.
4. The house is being rented to a maximum of five (5) people.
5. Parking for a maximum of three to four cars, (depending on size) there is no parking on any part of the lawn. There is no parking on street per Association rules.
6. One car in the beach parking lot which is vigorously enforced.
7. No violation of Federal, State, or local ordinances including setting off fireworks anywhere on the property.
If you can't abide by these rules, please pass us by.
Activities: Swimming is the absolutely the best at East Beach and area salt water beaches. The body surfing is great as well as the walks up and down the beach. Private parking means come and go as you please. If it's a burger you want you can go over to the 'Blue Shutters' for all kinds of beach snacks. There are also many fresh water facilities very close by.
Wow! Misquamicut and Watch Hill a few miles away, Narragansett Beach (20 minutes) Block Island Ferry (20 minutes), Newport (30 minutes), Casinos (30-35 minutes), golf courses (everywhere). Providence with it's famous zoo is a short drive (30-35 minutes) as well as the Mall shopping in Warwick.
You can easily spend a day antiquing if that is your thing with the nearby flea market on Sundays. An overcast day you can drive to a number of nearby wineries and taste some of the best wines.
Bring a camera because there are many local roads that are declared 'scenic' and offer many opportunities for great photographs.
Restaurants and more: South County has the best restaurants that will please everyone! I love casual dining, nearby restaurants have Rhode Island Clam Chowder and Clam Fritter's. Family dining at Aunt Carries rules! For a more sophisticated dinner the Shelter Harbor Inn is lovely. For the big splash, the 'Ocean House' in Watch Hill is the best,sitting on the veranda on a lazy Sunday afternoon cannot be equaled!!
The cottage has a good selection of summer reading. What is summer without romance, mystery and a little bit of drama! There are cards, board games, as well as some dvd's after a long day at the beach.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
before 9:00 PM EST
Member since: 2007
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
This is not a child proof house, it is probably more appropriate for older children. The house has a staircase between the first and second floors. I provide a gate to keep kids off the stairs. Attentive parents should have no problem....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- House has three comfortable bedrooms. Two bedrooms have queen sized beds and the third has two twin beds. All bedrooms have pleasing artwork, some by local artists. Big front porch with a table and six chairs for al fresco dining. Large gardens offer a pleasant backdrop to enjoy outside dining. Guests bring their own sheets and pillow cases. Owner provides clean mattress pads, blankets and bedspreads....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- The garden is beautiful but it does pose certain risks for children. In the garden there are a number of large pieces of statuary and a fountain, if any were toppled over they would certainly cause serious injury or worse. Additionally there are varieties of flora that are poisonous such as foxglove, children must be monitored closely. The outdoors shed and basement contain paint and other house products that could be toxic to children. The quiet residential area provides an environment where you can enjoy the best of Rhode Island. This is the ideal cottage and location for people that want total rest and relaxation. Everyday you can see something different in the gardens. If a quiet and peaceful environment is what your looking for, this is the right neighborhood. Please remember, this property prohibits events, get togethers or parties....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
East Beach and our private parking spot for one car is 1 mile from the cottage. There are many municipal and state beaches up and down the coast. There is a beach nearby to match your personality....moreless
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 5 people
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Toilet Paper
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $75
- Tax Rate 8%
Spring and Fall season rentals are typically $800 per week. Shorter periods during these seasons are negotiable.
Summer season rentals during the June 29-September 7 period is $1,450 per week.
Cleaning fee of $75 is for a two hour light cleaning. Any type of cleaning beyond that is deducted from your deposit @ 37.50 per hour.
A $300 security deposit is required for all rentals off season and in season. It is returned within 10 days after your departure as long as there is no damage beyond wear and tear. It is not considered part of your rental fee. Full rental fee is required upon your arrival.
The State of Rhode Island has instituted a tax of 8% as of July 1st, 2015.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 5 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
South County has been listed by Money Magazine as being one of the best vacation areas in the United States! Find out for yourself what makes this area so much fun.
Other Activities: Anything associated with the water.
Year Purchased: 1977
About the owner: I have had the benefit of vacationing at East Beach since I was four years old (a long time ago). I spent my summer life clamming, blueberry picking, walking barefoot and rolling in the waves. I'm addicted to the salt air and the changing color of the ocean.
Why the Owner Chose Charlestown, RI, USA:
My cottage is close to everything and yet it is in a very quiet and respectful community. It is central to the best areas of Rhode Island and Southeastern, CT. The cottage is perfect for small groups/families that want a peaceful quiet location. Events, get togethers or parties are not permitted on the property.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The cottage can fill three separate and distinct types of vacationers. For the beach people there are six miles of beach accessible from our parking lot. For the athletic there are golf courses, tennis courts, bicycling, and more in the area, as well as all the water sports. For the daytrippers you can go to Block Island, Newport, Mystic, Watch Hill, Misquamicut, Stonington Borough, Narragansett, Wickford and all the Casinos in less than one hour, many in a half hour or less. On a rainy day there are many movie theaters, and tourist attractions.
- Primary: +1 8605635285 before 9:00 PM EST
- Secondary: +1 8608303980 before 9:00 PM EST
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Relax, Relax, Relax
Three comfortable bedrooms
Bedroom with twin beds
Can you stand this much fun?
Side garden with bird bath
Huge living room, comfy.
Nice kitchen with ocean like tile floor
Another view of cottage
The 'Pond' is a three minute walk from the cottage
East Beach, a summer favorite
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.