Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
5 bedroom, 2 bathroom, sauna, hot tub, extra guesthouse, mountain views,
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 11
Minimum age of primary renter: 35
- We only rent our home to responsible families whom we trust to take care of our home in Iceland as it was their own.
- Please leave the house as you find it, other than we will of course arrange for cleaning of beds and towels.
Born and raised in beutiful Iceland with strong ties to the country. Mother of three and large extended family. We have lived in the UK sine 2006 but spend all our summers in our house in Iceland or travelling around Iceland, hiking, fishing, horse riding, golfing and all we enjoy the most at this magical place in the North Atlantic.
Gudrun purchased this house in 2009
Why Gudrun chose Selfoss
We wanted to have a home in Iceland where we could spend time with our children but have space to entertain family and friends. The location is in a beautiful rural setting but still within reasonable reach from Reykjavik, services, friends etc. This part of Iceland is also known as one of the best weather location ... although not many people go to Iceland for the weather ... which is thankfully compensated by the extra ordinary natural beauty of the island.
What makes this house unique
The view from the living room and off the veranda are breathtaking in all seasons. Turning off all the lights in the winter will cancel out any light pollution and the northern lights can be spectacular.