Renovated 4-Bedroom West Coast Oceanfront Retreat!(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 Bedroom House On The Waterfront
Watch the seaplanes land and sailboats pass by as you relax in your oceanfront retreat. Gorgeous sunsets and sweeping views of Pender Harbour and the surrounding mountains are visible from nearly all rooms of this West Coast inspired contemporary cottage.
Keep your eyes open for seasonal visits from bald eagles, hummingbirds, and yes even whales and dolphins which have been known to visit the harbour. Enjoy the regular appearances of seals, sea otters, deer, loons, and many other beautiful West Coast species.
Bring your boat or rent one and tie up to the large private dock with deep water moorage then head out and explore the many gorgeous nearby inlets.
Perfect for entertaining, find all the amenities of home including a large kitchen with all major appliances, outdoor gas BBQ, gas fireplace, washer, dryer, central vacuum, and radiant floor heating in the bathroom.
Off the property, mountain and ocean-side hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, sailing, golfing, fine dining, casual dining, horseback riding, lake swimming, antique and local wares shopping, scuba diving, a day at the spa, tennis, fishing, crabbing, yoga, etc...are all close at hand.
Pender Harbour is a convenient 2 hour trip from downtown Vancouver, including a scenic 45 minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay. Sea planes offer another unique and scenic travel experience and land nearby in the Harbour.
We are sure you will love your stay here as much as we do every time we come home to this property.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2008
- 2600 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 8-12
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The main floor bathroom's slate tiles are heated for comfort. There are two patios at the house. One is a large completely private patio off the dining room on the upper floor with a dining set that seats 8. This patio gets the best morning sun. The second patio is located off the lowest floor and is accessible by the house or by an outdoor staircase. It is perched ocean-side and offers amazing views to the water and surrounding mountains. Enjoy late afternoon or early evening refreshments here as the sun hits this spot wonderfully during those times in the summer months. A seating area as well as deck loungers make this place a great spot to spend lazy afternoons. There is also a private dock which gets full sun all day and has a ladder to help you in and out of the water should you need to cool off. As well as the basic kitchen appliances, there is also a coffee maker, coffee grinder, waffle iron, blender, toaster, kettle, mini food processor, hand blender, and salad spinner...moreless
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Rain Forests
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
- Near The Ocean
Enjoy stunning unobstructed ocean views from the patios, balconies, bedrooms, living and dining rooms as well as the kitchen. The sun setting in the West over the water is particularly beautiful. ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Lobster Pot
(2) There are two balconies: one on the upper floor that runs along the living and dining rooms, and one on the middle floor that runs in front of the bedrooms. Both face out to the water and offer fantastic ocean and mountain views....moreless
- Beach Towels
- Boat Dock
Deck / Patio:
(3) There is a large completely private patio off the dining room on the upper floor with a dining set that seats 8. This patio gets the best morning sun. The second patio is located off the lowest floor and is accessible by the house or by an outdoor staircase. It is perched oceanside and offers amazing views to the water and surrounding mountains. This is also a private space. Enjoy late afternoon or early evening refreshments here as the sun hits this spot wonderfully during those times in the summer months. A seating area as well as deck loungers make this place a great spot to spend lazy afternoons. Our 'third patio' is the private dock. This gets full sun all day and has a ladder to help you in and out of the water should you need to cool off....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 - Apr 30, 2017
3 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Oct 6 - Oct 8, 2017
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $146.34
We allow two-night nights stay for a flat fee of $1,200 in high season and $1,000 in low season.
Check in time is 5pm and check out is 11am. These times may be modified to accommodate guests based on occupancy.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The house is located 5 minutes away by car from Madeira Park and is 2 hours from Vancouver (including ferry ride)
Other Activities: Shopping, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, Snowmobiling, Wildlife Viewing, Rock Climbing
Golf: There are three golf courses nearby: Pender Harbour Golf Club, HWY 101, Madeira Park, BC, (604) 883-9541, Porpoise Bay Golf Club, 6177 Ripple Way, Sechelt, BC, (604) 885-4653 and Sunshine Coast Golf Club, 3206 Sunshine Coast Hwy RR 21, Roberts Creek, (604) 885-9212
Ski: Cross Country skiing and snoeshoeing are available at Dakota Ridge near Gibsons
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We are two professionals with three kids, based in North Vancouver. We're avid travelers who love good food and wine, spending quality time with friends and family, and being active outdoors in nature. We enjoy the city life and all of its culture just as much as we enjoy escaping it and hanging out in the woods at our coastal home.
Why the Owner Chose Madeira Park, BC, Canada:
Because it's one of the most beautiful natural places in the world! My husband grew up in Ontario where summers at the lake are quite common. So when he moved to Vancouver he immediately looked for a place nearby on the water where we could escape to on the weekends with friends and family.
- Primary: +1 778-994-2268
- Secondary: +1 7788661447
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from water at Sunset
Guest room with Queen bed
Guest bedroom with Queen size bed
Local eagle visiting the boat ramp
Master bedroom with king size bed
Guest room with twin bed
View from the water
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.