Large Charming Bar Harbor Ocean View Home.(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
7 bedrooms, 7 full bathrooms, sleeps 14
One half mile away is beautiful Acadia National Park with opportunities for scenic drives, birdwatching, hiking, biking, rock climbing, etc. Three miles from home is downtown Bar Harbor with its myriad of shops and restaurants as well as whale watching and kayaking tours.
The house dates back to the 1880's. Renovated in the 1980's it retains classic charm with its original hardwood flooring and floor to ceiling windows in the living and dining rooms. A sprinkling of antiques and many original paintings, many by local Maine artists, adorn the premises.
After a busy day enjoying the many area attractions, the comfort of the Twin Gables house awaits you. Cool ocean breezes take the edge off even the hottest days of summer. Just to be sure, six of the seven bedrooms are equipped with air conditioning. A big screen cable TV with DVD player in the living room is just one of six TVs on the premises. A comfortable porch with grill and a large backyard lend themselves to cookouts.
From the house, at low tide, it is possible to access an expanse of rocky beach which also leads to the popular Chart Room Restaurant - open for lunch and dinner. Just a little further lies the Hulls Cove General Store plus the local post office. It is possible to leave your vehicle behind in our ample parking lot and take the free shuttle bus into Bar Harbor and around Acadia National Park.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- 2800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- There are six bedrooms on the second floor. Bedrooms 1 and 2 have nice views of the cove. Bedrooms 3 and 4 have partial views of the cove. Bedrooms 5 and 6 face the backyard. They are the quietest of all the bedrooms and also the darkest in the early morning hours as they face the west. Rooms 1,2,3 and 4 have cable TVs. There are two rollaway cots available for use. Bedrooms 2, 4 and 5 can all accommodate one cot. There is also a seventh bedroom downstairs off of the kitchen. It has an attached bath with a large claw-foot tub. There is a door between it and the kitchen for privacy. There is also a portacrib and a high-chair on the premises for those traveling with young children. One set of linens per bed and two sets of towels per bathroom are provided....moreless
Bathrooms: 7 Bathrooms
- Our bathrooms are nothing fancy but there are a lot of them. One of the nice things about them is the water pressure. The showers are fabulously powerful and we have two water heaters to keep the hot water flowing amply. Each of the upstairs bathrooms is contained within the bedroom it is connected to, providing plenty of privacy. They will be equipped with two sets of towels There are two washers and dryers available to freshen them up during the week. Laundry detergent is provided. Each bathroom will have a starter roll of toilet paper which you will probably need to supplement. I will not be supplying soap or shampoo. Cleanliness is of course a given....moreless
- The best view of the water downstairs is available from the kitchen. Morning coffee at the kitchen table or counter is quite lovely. Sometimes deer can be spotted in the field next door and we are often blessed with visits from hummingbirds and cardinals as well as many other bird variety. (It helps if you add birdseed to the feeder during your stay. The squirrels and chipmunks do a number on it.) On the back of the house is a very pleasant porch. While not blessed with an ocean view it is none the less a pleasant place to relax in the afternoon sunshine or on hot days , the coolness of the morning shade. The gas grill is on the porch as well as a dining table and some comfortable chairs. The bugs are minimal and usually do not bother you. There is ample parking with room for multiple cars....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Baby Gate
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Garbage Disposal
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch Furniture
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 19 - Jun 2, 2017
4 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 13 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Jun 3 - Jun 23, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 24 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $0
- Tax Rate 8%
Refundable damage/cleaning deposit of $300.
Flexible check-in and out dates available in the fall and early spring season with a 3 day minimum.
Rates based on a maximum of 14 people. Additional people considered for a $50 per week fee per person.
Initial reservation/damage deposit due upon receipt of rental agreement of $300.00. Half of total rental amount due 3 months prior to arrival date. The other half is due two weeks prior to arrival.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The main attraction of Mt. Desert Island is its tremendous beauty. Acadia National Park has many small mountains that boast beautiful ocean views from the summits after relatively short hikes. The trail system in the park is extensive. Cadillac Mountain is accessible by car and often has stunning sunrises and sunsets. There is even a horse-drawn carriage trip up Parkman Mt. Swimming is available at Echo Lake and for the hardy at beautiful Sand Beach. The park loop road offers incredible scenery including Thunder Hole. Mountain biking is fantastic on the park carriage roads with rentals available in Bar Harbor. Consider visiting during the beautiful fall months to enjoy the lovely changing foliage..
Other Activities: ocean kayaking, shelling, birdwatching,etc
Golf: Kebo Valley Golf course in bar Harbor is very scenic and only about 3 miles away.
Year Purchased: 1988
About the owner: I am a former Vermonter who moved to Mount Desert Island in1979 at the tender age of 22, shortly after graduationg from the University of Vermont. I fell in love with the ocean, the community of Bar Harbor and the park. I spent about 10 years as an overeducated waitress at a variety of area restaurants including the Chart Room which was coowned by my future husband. In 1989 I was able to hang up my waitress shoes and became the host of the Twin Gables Bed and Breakfast. I raised my two children while operating the b & b for 14 enjoyable years. But B & B's are notoriously time consuming so in 2007 we converted the house to a weekly rental and I have enjoyed more free time in the summer for park activities and the like. We summer in our cabin in the woods, about 3 miles from the rental house then move back in to the main house for the winter months.
Why the Owner Chose Hulls Cove, Bar Harbor, ME, USA:
My husband was working for the previous owner of this property when it was damaged in a house fire. The owner, after some consideration, decided to sell the house as is rather than taking on the renovations. Russ (my husband) always the entrepreneur, saw it as a perfect spot for a B&B and the renovations gave us the perfect opportunity to add the private baths that B&B travelers so appreciate.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Probably my two favorite parts of the house are the kitchen window that has views of the ocean (though not as good in the summer as they use to be due to foliage growth) and the back porch which is open air and a wonderfully pleasant place to hang out in the summer. I find the location very convenient.
- Primary: +1 2078013766 winter number1-207-801-3766
- Secondary: +1 2072889761 summer number
- Tertiary: +1 2076643557 cell phone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Twin Gables House
Room #3 Queen bed
Bedroom # 5
second floor hallway is open and airy
Gathering on the back porch is always popular
house in backgroung of surf from April'07 storm
Room # 2
bedroom #4 with queen bed, TV 3/4 bath, A/C and limited ocean view
Bedroom #6 with two twin beds.
1st floor bedroom - air conditioner and tv - located off of the kitchen
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.